Home General Discussion

The Impossible has happened

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Gurkha has made a good cigar. Not one that Id smoke if it was given to me...not one that I can tolderate for the internet price....A genuine good cigar at the price point its sold. The Cellar Reserve

That is all.

Comments

• No way, I dont believe it.
  • Honestly for years Gurkha was my favorite brand. I enjoyed both the packaging (I have about 26 different ones) and the cigars. But indeed I am not blind to the fact that their quality has taken a nose dive the past few years. And the only new release I like is the Cellar Reserve. Their older stuff, to me anyways, was worlds better. Now all the blends taste the same. They need to stop making so many lines and focus on a few. I'm still looking for the Grand Age and Titan/Titan II boxes though...they've alluded me the past 10 years hehe.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    The cellar reserve is one of my favorite, it is a good smoke
  • Gurkha gets a bad rap, & I get it. The cigars are way overpriced at MSRP level ... but you can usually get them for less than $4 a stick and the ones I've had at that price have been just fine. I prefer smaller ring gauge usually, and the ones I see listed are mostly larger so I don't partake often. I have a few I smoke while I mow the yard actually of their "Beauty" connecticut blend. I've seen some IG posts from friends about this blend though, may end up trying it out sometime.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cellar was a good smoke! I wish they were a little cheaper. Id definitely buy some if I saw a deal.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    The only Gurkha I like. It is indeed a good smoke. I agree I wish it was a tad cheaper.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have heard so much good stuff about the Cellar Reserve. Jason sent me one out here and I have to say, I was thoroughly unimpressed. It wasn't bad, just very mediocre. I only let it sit a week in my humi before smoking it, maybe they need more rest time or I got a dud. I have another in there now that I'll let sit for a while, but as of right now, I just don't get the hype.