Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Dwindling Pass

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Alright guys, I brought up this pass idea about a week ago and I think I'm going to go through with it. The idea is pretty simple. The pass will begin with one more cigar than there are participants. Each person will take as many cigars as they like, but replace with one fewer (ex. take 5 and replace with 4). This will continue until the last person is simply returning 1 cigar to me. Sound like fun? I hope so. A couple of simple guidelines: To participate, you must have at least 1K posts. I apologize in advance to anyone that this may exclude, but the point of this pass for me is to give back to the fine folks here who have made my last 3K posts extremely enjoyable. There will be no judging of takes and puts. All participants are "vets" and are more than qualified to decide the appropriateness of their selections. If you decide to place cigars in the box specifically for me and not as part of the pass, please do not post them in this thread, but do place them in a separate bag and leave a note so that I know which cigars are from you. Please, please, please do not feel obligated to give me extra cigars. Again, I am doing this pass to give back to you, not to receive. I also know that I am probably wasting my breath here. The following people expressed interest in the other thread, so I will assume that you still want in. If that is not the case, please pm me and I'll discreetly remove you from the list. Jiunn asked to go first and Roman requested to go last, so I'm planning on starting this out west and working its way back across the country. There are 10 on the list so far. I would be willing to go up to 15ish. So if you want in, let me know in the next couple days and we can get this thing started. The participants so far: Jiunn DZR James40 Bigshizza Glock1975 deejmemixx Kingjk729 Vision Robertgreen30 Ken Light Ddubridge Trident
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I like this, May I be a part of it?
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    sounds like fun. i can't wait to see how this unfolds. Too many big hitters for us little guys to be a part of this.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    I like this, May I be a part of it?
    Yes, thanks for joining!
    brianetz1:
    sounds like fun. i can't wait to see how this unfolds. Too many big hitters for us little guys to be a part of this.
    Nonsense. At the end of the day, I'm very much one of the "little guys." I just finished rummaging through the cooler grabbing sticks. This isn't necessarily the exact collection that will be sent out, as I'm sure I'll fine tune it a bit, but should give you an idea of what quality of cigar it's starting with. Untitled
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    brianetz1:
    Nonsense. At the end of the day, I'm very much one of the "little guys." I just finished rummaging through the cooler grabbing sticks. This isn't necessarily the exact collection that will be sent out, as I'm sure I'll fine tune it a bit, but should give you an idea of what quality of cigar it's starting with. Untitled
    nah, i'll still stay out. The majority of my humidor is below that level and what i have that is at that level i either got in a bomb or I only have 1 and want to try it myself.

I am very content to just watch all the fun and games.

thanks though
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, this is going to be fun
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Teach if u allow it.
    Glock1975:
    I'm in Teach if u allow it.
    Absolutely bro.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the interestingest idea in a long time.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cool. Cant wait!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Jiunn put five cigars. Tony gets 10 cigars.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I'm up if you'll have me.
    perkinke:
    I'm up if you'll have me.
    Hey Kev, as much as I love you man, I've already excluded four others for not meeting the post count requirement. How about I just put you on my bomb list instead. Deal?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i meet the general forum veteran list, not by post count, but by actual time on the forum, not wanting to be on the list but just adding to the term "vet" ,
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    i meet the general forum veteran list, not by post count, but by actual time on the forum, not wanting to be on the list but just adding to the term "vet" ,
    A vet would read and respect the rules of any member's pass, not argue symantics and a start date that precedes his first post by about 2 years.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    A vet would read and respect the rules of any member's pass, not argue symantics and a start date that precedes his first post by about 2 years.
    what arguement? ken i was not argueing , i was adding to the term vet, you could of p/m'ed, but again me and you have never gotten along, anything just p/m or not, ididnt come here to jack his thread, but you seem to
    Okay guys, we have 12 pass participants, which I think is a great number. I prefer to send a list with everyone's address on it to help speed this along. I have most of them already saved in my USPS account, but I don't think I have an address saved for Shane, Peter, Rob, and Ken. I know I have most of those in my inbox somewhere, but if you could resend them, that would be great. Also, Kingjk, I have an address for you in N. Tonawanda, NY, but I'm not sure if it is current. I'll pm each of you and hopefully get this out by tomorrow.
    I get first picks. Sucks to be the rest of you guys
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    You gonna drop a handful of CC's in there?
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    Would you like some sir Jim?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    Oooooooooo I would. No Cohibas though. Cohiba Sux.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Alright guys, it looks like this will fly tomorrow. I just finished writing up the addresses and rules to place in the box. As you guys are discussing what to place in the box, remember that whatever you put in there is really for the guys after you, not me. Theoretically, Roman is the only person sending me a cigar (the last one). So definitely try to focus less on what I like and more about those that will come after you. Again, no real rules about takes and puts other than placing one less than you take. Thanks again to all the participants. At some point, you guys are going to get sick of me starting new passes. Lol, apparently, just not yet.
    Last, but not least, here is the starting lineup as it goes into the box. Hope there are at least a couple cigars in there that you would like to snag Jiunny. Untitled
    Apparently, that last post wasn't the last. Here's the tracking info: 9405 5036 9930 0071 8336 43
    wooot. I already know which two I am taking. Do i REALLY have to replace it w/ one? I'm taking two pretty good cigars...
    jliu:
    Do i REALLY have to replace it w/ one? I'm taking two pretty good cigars...
    Lol, YES!!!! You aren't limited to two cigars, though. But you MUST replace with one fewer than you take. Don't focus on value. Just put something in there that one of the next guys will like.
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Lol, YES!!!! You aren't limited to two cigars, though. But you MUST replace with one fewer than you take. Don't focus on value. Just put something in there that one of the next guys will like.
    always a bad student in the class that's a moron in math ya know? this asian didn't excel in math class. weird i know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    always a bad student in the class that's a moron in math ya know? this asian didn't excel in math class. weird i know
    We all know Tony's gonna end up with like 50 sticks, LOL......dwindling my azz.
    james40:
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    We all know Tony's gonna end up with like 50 sticks, LOL......dwindling my azz.
    word james. word
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Bigshizza:
    jliu:
    How could I say no to a Snoobie snack!