Home Non Cigar Related

Sen. Kennedy

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
So, is health care reform (at least in it's current incarnations) dead along with Sen. Kennedy? I won't speak ill of him, and I acknowledge the impact he had in the Senate, but let's just say the America he wanted is not the America I want. Of course, main stream media will continue to "lionize" him.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I think health care reform is dead with Conservatives trying so hard to discredit the Democratic administration in every way possible so they can get back in power in 2012. As far as ol' Ted, who isn't surprised he lived this long?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    So, is health care reform (at least in it's current incarnations) dead along with Sen. Kennedy? I won't speak ill of him, and I acknowledge the impact he had in the Senate, but let's just say the America he wanted is not the America I want. Of course, main stream media will continue to "lionize" him.
    i think the health care bill is going to pass or fail on its own merit no matter if they try to attach his name to it or not.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Luko:
    i think the health care bill is going to pass or fail on its own merit no matter if they try to attach his name to it or not.
    I'm not really talking about them attaching his name to it. I'm talking about his leadership on it. He was by far and away health reform's greatest champion...he only agreed to endorse Obama after Obama promised to take up the cause. So I'm not saying it doesn't have champions, but he really was a driving force. Given the strong public reaction against the prosposals by large numbers of people, and his passing, I think it may be doomed for now.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I did not particularly care for a lotta things Ted Kennedy stood for and his health care programs. He saw a lot of personal tragedy with his family and his personal life. I hope when all was said and done he was at peace with his personal belief and what he thought awaited him. Despite my thoughts on his personal politics , I send a heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones at his passing , it is hard to let those close to us go ...I'm just sayin ...
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Health care reform was dead in 1994.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Ted is gone... But his liver will live on and on and on... Hell it has to take up half the state of Mass! No, all joking aside, I disagree with Ted Kennedy on 99% of the things he stood for, but I also would like to say my heart goes out to his family and friends. It's a sad day when anyone passes and I hope they are able to deal with it the best they can.

As for healthcare, I don't think it dies here as well. The left is trying to drum up support for it in Kennedy's name which is so bogus it's not even funny! Ted didn't rely on government boards to decide what treatment options he would use, he didn't let the government tell him his case is too advanced and he would not be treated. He used private Dr.s and the best treatments available because under our current plan... THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE... I just pray it stays that way.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    maybe now Mary Jo will get some justice.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I think health care reform is dead with Conservatives trying so hard to discredit the Democratic administration in every way possible so they can get back in power in 2012. As far as ol' Ted, who isn't surprised he lived this long?
    Funny thing about that is that Conservatives (and thank you for not calling us "republicans") don't really have to try, the liberals give us all the ammo needed. All we do is present the facts, and Obama is in an indefensible position from the start.

As for Ted's passing, it's a sad day for his family, and they have my condolences.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I heard all the glen's are going to the funeral

Glen livet
    Glen fiddich
    Glen Morangie
    Glen Ord
    and more....
  • Had (R) been next to his title, the Left/Dems would be rejoicing that there is one less rich, white, elitist, son-of-politician career-politician on Capitol Hill.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    jlzimmerman:
    Had (R) been next to his title, the Left/Dems would be rejoicing that there is one less rich, white, elitist, son-of-politician career-politician on Capitol Hill.
    Had there been an R next to his name he would have died in prison for the murder of Mary Jo at Chappaquidick in 1968.