Home General Discussion

AKA Cigars

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Wow, how about this.......my wife went to a local cigar shop in Killeen to pick up some Boveda packs for me. Apparently, there was an AKA (American Kick Ass Cigars) rep there. They talked for a minute and she told him she was picking up the Boveda packs to send me out here and told him about how I had started a cigar night here and that Cigars for Warriors had sent me a package out. He grabbed 6 sticks and gave to her to send me, said, "Tell him we appreciate his service and these sticks are on me." How awesome is that?

Comments

• Very Cool!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That is really cool. Things like this make me love cigars all the more. Enjoy them!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    AKA rules, its hard not to support them really
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! Plus their product is very good!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nice!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • To be honest I have never heard of this company. Now maybe I have seen their cigars over the years and simply didn't know the maker. What are their popular lines?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    To be honest I have never heard of this company. Now maybe I have seen their cigars over the years and simply didn't know the maker. What are their popular lines?

I believe they are relatively new, I had never heard of them either.

And an update; I sent the company a thank-you email yesterday, and today I received a reply from the owner himself. Pretty awesome company, I REALLY hope I dig their cigars, lol, I want to be a fan.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Robbyras sent me some in a bomb who's crater is still smoldering outside the apartment I used to live in. They are GREAT cigars.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Jasonc1982:
    To be honest I have never heard of this company. Now maybe I have seen their cigars over the years and simply didn't know the maker. What are their popular lines?

I believe they are relatively new, I had never heard of them either.

And an update; I sent the company a thank-you email yesterday, and today I received a reply from the owner himself. Pretty awesome company, I REALLY hope I dig their cigars, lol, I want to be a fan.
    The conny is one of the best i have ever smoked. The hybrid is excellent as well, and I have not had the others yet.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! Never tried any. Peaked my interest.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are awesome. I need to order me another fiver of the black label. Respect I believe is that brand. I liked it over the hybrid.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to track some down, but can't find a place to order them.
    The Respect is really good and the Conny is fantastic!
    Going to contact the Rock Island Illinois Distributor and see if I can get my hands on some. Anyone have any request ? Box share ???
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    curtpick:
    Going to contact the Rock Island Illinois Distributor and see if I can get my hands on some. Anyone have any request ? Box share ???
    I am interested lmk what you're thinking!
    Bigshizza:
    curtpick:
    I am interested lmk what you're thinking!

Let me see what they have in stock and if they will take a phone order.
    If not its a nice drive there from here of about an hour.
    I will call them in the AM get some particulars, price etc.. and let you know bro.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    I've been trying to track some down, but can't find a place to order them.
    Ask Robbyras he can tell you for sure.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I saw a batch of these in the discount bin at a local B&M last Saturday, If I make it back this weekend I might look again.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I love there connie and hybrid. Have not had the other two. My b&m put all of theirs in there mystery bags which is a shame. I would really like to continue buying there products. especially after hearing a positive review of there customer service.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Glad to see AKA getting some love here and showing some love to the Troops! Alien, shoot me the details about your smoking group and I'll see about getting you guys supplied with some sticks...

AKA has been around for about 2.5 years now... their new release "Nth Degree" is probably their best cigar, but the Solace (connie) is damn good too... anyone looking for AKA should hit me up... at the very least, I can point you in the right direction...

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just read your reviews on them, Robby. Not sure which ones he gave my wife to send me, but I am really hoping there's a Respect and a Hybrid in there after reading your reviews on them, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    Just read your reviews on them, Robby. Not sure which ones he gave my wife to send me, but I am really hoping there's a Respect and a Hybrid in there after reading your reviews on them, lol.
    The respect that I reviewed is not being made anymore... due to tobacco limitations, the Respect has been reblended into the Respect 2013... They will be doing 2 year runs of the respect from now on... so if you like the Original, which I do, then you may want to grab some stock before it's gone... the 2013 is pretty good too tho... review upcoming...

All PM's replied to btw
    alienmisprint:
    The respect that I reviewed is not being made anymore... due to tobacco limitations, the Respect has been reblended into the Respect 2013... They will be doing 2 year runs of the respect from now on... so if you like the Original, which I do, then you may want to grab some stock before it's gone... the 2013 is pretty good too tho... review upcoming...

All PM's replied to btw