Home Non Cigar Related

I have the best luck

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Decided to go visit my dad and help him with some yard work. As I was handling the chainsaw we were using I sliced open my knee resulting in six stiches. Awesome way to start off the week......
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    That sounds like the injury could have been much worse. Have a better rest of your we bud.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    oh man you are lucky, but really sorry man hope it heals okay
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is lucky.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Glad it missed your feet too.
    One God, One Truth
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Yea I was so mad at myself for doing it though. This is the first time in my adult life that I needed to get stitches. Sucks because I work outside sooooooo I am off for awhile. I was wearing thick skin boots so it would have been insane if it ripped through those. Oh well it was definitely a learning experience.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a coworker mutilate 3 fingers on one hand with a chainsaw... those things can be brutal! glad you only came out with as little stitches as you did.... wanna come over and help me with my hedges now? ;)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hindsight being 20/20, how about some kevlar chaps? Got my dad some for Christmas a few years back.

Hope you heal fast. Glad it wasn't worse.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't these guys wear kevlar chaps?

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    That sounds like the injury could have been much worse. Have a better rest of your we bud.
    +1

Chainsaws scare the hell out of me .... sorry to hear about what happened but glad it wasn't worse.
    Hope you heal quick --- I heard that smoking a few cigars a day will help speed up the recovery ;-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    firetruckguy:
    +1

Chainsaws scare the hell out of me .... sorry to hear about what happened but glad it wasn't worse.
    Hope you heal quick --- I heard that smoking a few cigars a day will help speed up the recovery ;-)
    Haha and a few spins of some classic vinyl as well. I have yet to sit down and have a cigar actually. GF isnt too big of a fan and she has been off of work.