Home General Discussion

10 most annoying cigar terms.

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
in my opinion these terms are the most annoying when reading about or discussing cigars. its a bit of a long read, but i hope you enjoy:

10. Limited edition

Lmited Edition, Short run, Limitado, etc are all terms that are used to indicate that there is a limited number of cigars to go around. Of course, the number varies from one factory to another and this can be very misleading. For example, a short Limited Edition run for Drew Estates could be 50K cigars. This is about one day's worth of production for the DE factory. For a brand like Elogio, 50k is their entire production for a year. So what makes the DE so limited? Is every cigar Elogio produces a Limited edition? What about Elogio's limited editions?

For just about any collector, even those fresh to the cigar scene, most new LE cigars are relatively easy to acquire so long as you have the coin. A quick hop on the internet and there you go. So again, what makes them Limeted Edition?

Is it that they are only making a few short runs? Many cigars make fewer runs just because the business owners decide that this “regular production” line is not good enough to sell. Once that cigar gets the ax out of a brand lineup is that now an LE?

The fact is, every cigar, to a degree, is a limited edition. Tobaccos change. Brands re-brand. Lines get cut or added. There is only so much tobacco produced annually. What it all comes down to is marketing. I cant really blame the cigar companies for trying to promote the product, even if they purposefully limit the amount of tobacco they plant specifically to make a cigar more limited, therefore more “exclusive” and therefore more marketable/expensive. The cigar business is after all, a business.

So, while the marketing of tobacco companies is telling you to “get it now while you can because this cigar wont be around forever,” your head should be telling you that all tobacco products wont be around forever. If you have any doubt, look at any list of discontinued cigars for any year in the past. There are hundreds of them. All of them were limited edition even if it doesn't say so in their name.

9. toothy

This term is only annoying because of how misused it is. Tooth is tiny naturally occurring bumps (similar in appearance to goose pimples on your skin) that are on some verities of tobacco. I have most often seem it on Cameroon wrappers but it has been known to show up on others.

This is very often mistaken as a bumpy wrapper due to poor construction, or not using molds to shape the cigar so the sides are not smooth. That situation is a quality of the construction not a quality of the leaf itself. Tooth would exist on the leaf weather it was a wrapper leaf or not. The toothy quality often makes the cigar feel a bit like sandpaper in the hand not just a lumpy cigar.

Many reviews have mistaken “tooth” to be the rustic style of roll. That is a very different animal. The misuse of the term is frustrating to no end.

8. ultra premium

Premium long filler cigars are what most call the cigars that enthusiasts are excited about. Premium is the top of the line, the best of the best, the cream of the crop.
In that case, what is an ultra premium? Something better than the best? Wouldn't that then be the best?
Is the next level “super ultra premium” cigars? where does it end?

Whats even more annoying about the term is when a cigar company uses it to describe their own product as if to say “I have created a cigar so good that it isnt just premium, its ultra premium.”

Don't break your am patting yourself on the back. Accolades should be bestowed onto the company by the consumer, not forced onto the consumer by the company.

7. reserve

What does reserve mean? To hold back for future use? To keep for ones self? Something not normally called into use save for emergency uses? To hold on to to use for special occasions? It is very ambiguous considering that the cigar is not being held back. It is being released. It is being purchased. Were they holding the tobacco back for this cigar? Does that make it a “limited edition?” I guess all those regular production cigars with the word “reserve” on it were released under emergency circumstances. There are an alarming amount of cigars that have the word reserve in their name that have not been aged extensively, were not a family bend, personal blend, had the production held back in any way, or display any characteristics that would qualify the label to carry the word “reserve”

In wine “reserve” implies that it is a higher quality, a small batch, been aged extensively, or a combination of the three. If the same held true with cigars then why are there so many cigars that are the economy cigar of a brand with the word reserve in the name (A. Fuente Gran Reserve, RyJ Reserva real, Camacho Special Limited Reserve, etc...)?

Seems like a misuse of the word to me.

6. Cuban Twang

Cuban Twang is the term most often used to describe the flavors that are signature to Cuban grown tobacco. The big problem here is that nobody knows what “twang” tastes like. “Twang” is a sound. The sound that a vintage Fender Telecaster using the bridge pickup to play a country ditty is “Twang”

Cuban Twang is a flavor. Not a sound. Every country has a bit of their own flavor profile when it comes to cigars and Cuba is no different -save for the fact that people use made up terms to describe the flavor instead of real flavor concepts.

For example, Nicaraguan tobacco is often described as spicy and woody with a pulpy texture. Dominican tobacco is described by many as spicy and smooth with earthy or umami characteristics. On the other hand Cuban tobacco has “twang.” -whatever that is.

This description seems to be an accepted norm, no questions asked. If this were any other product -wine, any sort of food, even cigars from an other country- a more universally understood adjective would be required. Why can't the flavors be described for what they are?

Cuban tobacco has a “sharp earth” quality. “Sharp earth” in the way that cheddar cheese is either “mild” or “sharp.” That is a great way to describe the common flavor profile of Cuban tobacco.

That wasn't so hard was it?

But “twang” lives on.

5. Pre-Embargo

This seems to get thrown around quite a bit. “Pre-Embargo” tobacco, “Pre-Embargo” Cigars, “Pre-Embargo” Flavors, etc. This is a term that is virtually unrecognizable to well over 90% of current cigar smokers.

The US's Embargo on Cuba was fully implemented on February 7, 1962 -over fifty years ago. Lets assume that someone had a very developed palate by the age of 18 the day that the embargo was implemented. Today, that same person would be just shy of 70 years old. Could that person give an accurate non-nostalgic description of what a “Pre-Embargo” Cuban cigar tasted? Sure, the now 70 and over crowd that was into cigars before the Cuban Embargo will say that those are some of the best cigars they have had, but what does it mean to the mid 20somethings that are just now getting into cigars even if they are smoking current Cuban cigars?

It means exactly nothing. There is no frame of reference for anybody, save for the super rich willing to pay hundreds on a single pre-embargo Cuban cigar. Even then, there is a solid argument that the cigar will taste very different after 50+ years of age than it did when it was rolled. Of course this isnt even going into the concept of observation bias based on preconceived notions of how good a Pre-Embargo Cuban cigar “should” be. “Pre-Embargo” is a useless term based off of subjectivity and status, and its gets used far too often.

4. Vintage

This seems straight forward. The “Vintage” of almost any product means the year of production. Not in the cigar world. Is the vintage the year the cigar is released? The year the tobacco is grown? The year it is rolled? Or maybe its like the Cubans do it and have a vintage based on when the cigar is boxed? And if it is from when the tobacco is grown what leaf does it apply to, the wrapper only? What about the filler? If the wrapper is from 2003 and the filler is from 2005 what is put on the label of that cigar: “vintage 2003?”

There is no standard. Every company has a different concept of what their “vintage” is. Is a cigar that is labeled “Vintage XXXX” actually vintage to that year even after 10 or 15 years of constant high output annual production? That tobacco from the original release is long gone. It is no longer “vintage” to that year, the word “vintage” is just a name now and has no meaning.

3. Habano

Habano is one of the most over-used and under-defined terms in the cigar world today. Originally a “Habano” was a Cuban cigar. That is simple and understood. Thats what it should be. Then whats with all the cigars that say they use a Habano leaf when it was grown in some other country? It is not from Cuba, it isnt a Habano. Of course the term is still out there. Most seem to say that a non-Cuban-grown Habano leaf is at least a Cuban seed, or a variety of tobacco cross bred and devised from Cuban seed. Of course, since almost all tobacco used in cigars currently has been cross bred with a Cuban seed at some point in its pedigree, maybe the term “Habano” is just be used for tobacco that is grown and processed in a style that is similar to they way they do in Cuba.

When a company says it has a Habano wrapper, that says absolutely nothing. Is it Corojo 99? Habano 2000? Criollo 98? Havana 92? all of those are “Habano wrappers.” Its analogous to having Bud Light, Founders Double Trouble IPA, Orval Trappest Ale, and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout in your fridge and stating that you have “Beer.”

If the embargo is ever lifted will all the non-Cuban cigars/brands with a “Habano wrapper” end up in court for some sort of infringement charge?

2. 'baccy

This is one of the most disgusting terms in the entire Cigar community. Calling tobacco “'baccy” is not light hearted and “fun” way of short-handing the tobacco plant. It may seem that it is but in reality, it is degrading to those who spend their lives dedicated to the art of tobacco cultivation, blending and cigar production.

Like it or not, the red-neck accent is looked down upon. It is viewed that only uneducated hicks have that accent. When that accent applied to cigars, it gives a very unrealistic impression to the casual observer. It gives the impression that uneducated people like tobacco and downplays the craft. It is a belittling term.

Don Pepin Garcia would not call his fields “ 'baccy fields.” Hendrick Kelner would never wake up pour himself a cup of coffee and say “well... time to blend some 'baccy!” AJ Fernandez would not walk through his aging room and say “this 'baccy ain't ready yet!”

Tobacco and cigars are an art. One must use the language of the artist if they want to respect the artist.

1 Cuban-esque

Cuban-esque is quite possibly the most shamelessly over used term that ever had anything to do with cigars. The world is sick of hearing how “Cuban-esque” the new cigar from X,Y, or Z blender is. The world hears how “Cuban-esque” non-Cuban cigars taste constantly.

To set the record straight: Only cigars from Cuba are Cuban-esque. There are no cigars from any other country that taste like they are from Cuba.

That isnt to say that all of those non-Cuban cigars are inferior in some way. All tastes are personal. Some people like the way that Cuban cigars taste. Some people like Dominican or Nicaraguan, or Honduran. Every country has its own range of flavors. No Nicaraguan cigar tastes Cuban. No Cuban cigar tastes Honduran. No Honduran cigar tastes Dominican and no Dominican tastes Nicaraguan.

How many times do people smoke a Nicaraguan puro and think “this is Dominican-esque!”? There is a good chance that it is almost never. This is simply because every country has its own profile. Trying to force one countries tobacco taste like another doesnt work.

Even when a non-Cuban cigar is an LE, reserve, vintage or ultra premium it is still not Cuban-esque. Those other terms are at least an attempt at honest (but over used) marketing. Calling a cigar “Cuban-esque” is a flat out lie designed to get suckers who dont know much about Cuban (or even non-Cuban) Cigars to buy them based on the presumption that only Cuba produces good cigars. Are non-Cuban cigar companies saying that they make inferior cigars?

A bit of advice to cigar companies: Dont say your cigars are “Cuban-esque.” Feel free to talk about how good they are, what flavors are contained within, what leaves are used, the quality rollers you employ, or even the heritage your farmers have. All of those qualities project an atmosphere that you are passionate about cigars. As soon as you say they are Cuban-esque you lose credibility. You sound like you dont care about the cigar, but about the money. Though cigars are a business, make avid smokers believe cigars are your passion in life.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd add one more term, though some will probably disagree. I hate the term "Aficionado" as it's applied to cigars. To me it has a negative, snobbish connotation. I usually try not to roll my eyes when I hear it come up.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great read. Here's a story about LE. I'm following someone/brand on Instagram, Mr. X if you will. Midway through a production, (not sure if its a new blend/cigar) Mr. X decided to change the wrapper just like that. Now Mr. X has an X number of cigars with the supposedly original wrapper just sitting there. Mr. X just threw it out there, posted pics and stated that they were just going to be LE.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post Kuzi .... I like your train of thought here.

I'll admit, I sometimes fall for the "limited edition" hype and advertising ploys like a sucker .... lol.
    But it gets annoying. Seems like almost every other cigar released is overtly marketed as "limited edition" "rare" "super ultra mega premium", etc.
    It's frustrating when a brand/company draws you in with these marketing gimmicks; "flashy" packaging, buzz words, etc. --- then the cigar ends up being a **** ....

Just another excuse so the companies can charge more $$ for the product.
    danielzreyes:
    Great read. Here's a story about LE. I'm following someone/brand on Instagram, Mr. X if you will. Midway through a production, (not sure if its a new blend/cigar) Mr. X decided to change the wrapper just like that. Now Mr. X has an X number of cigars with the supposedly original wrapper just sitting there. Mr. X just threw it out there, posted pics and stated that they were just going to be LE.
    Yeah, that's not what I consider LE ...... in any other manufacturing/product industry that would be called a "f**k up", the product written off as a loss and tossed out with the day's garbage......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:

I'll admit, I sometimes fall for the "limited edition" hype and advertising ploys like a sucker .... lol.
    But it gets annoying. Seems like almost every other cigar released is overtly marketed as "limited edition" "rare" "super ultra mega premium", etc.
    It's frustrating when a brand/company draws you in with these marketing gimmicks; "flashy" packaging, buzz words, etc. --- then the cigar ends up being a **** ....

danielzreyes:
    Yeah, that's not what I consider LE ...... in any other manufacturing/product industry that would be called a "f**k up", the product written off as a loss and tossed out with the day's garbage......
    I honestly think that it was done on purpose. It wasn't a mistake, it wasn't a flaw, it was a reason to purposely make them LE.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jgibv:

danielzreyes:
    I honestly think that it was done on purpose. It wasn't a mistake, it wasn't a flaw, it was a reason to purposely make them LE.
    bangs head against wall

(I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional) But that's so f**kin stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make a decent cigar and call it a day.
    What happens when every brand has "limited edition" written under the label .... what's next? "Most limited edition?" "Ultra-rare edition?"
    stupid, stupid, stupid

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i don't think you should just limit it to Ultra Premium. I think Premium is over used and not clear. I mean when you can call something like the 1876 a premium and then call the Padron 1964 anny the same thing there needs to be some sort of distinction.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Wow Kuzi, how long has that been stewing?
    One God, One Truth
  • Yea the premium/ultra premium long fillers always annoys me. If it's a handmade...even a Quarom or something...I would certainly hope they would use premium long fillers. Why are they making hand-mades with the leaves you rake up in your back yard?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    FRESH pisses me off.......
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do tell me to shut up if any o' them grand tobaccy blendin' artists walk by, lest I insult them with my accent.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Its analogous to having Bud Light, Founders Double Trouble IPA, Orval Trappest Ale, and Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout in your fridge and stating that you have “Beer.”
    You omitted to use and apostrophe there.

Otherwise, spot on.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

kuzi16:
    2. 'baccy

This is one of the most disgusting terms in the entire Cigar community. Calling tobacco “'baccy” is not light hearted and “fun” way of short-handing the tobacco plant. It may seem that it is but in reality, it is degrading to those who spend their lives dedicated to the art of tobacco cultivation, blending and cigar production.

Like it or not, the red-neck accent is looked down upon. It is viewed that only uneducated hicks have that accent. When that accent applied to cigars, it gives a very unrealistic impression to the casual observer. It gives the impression that uneducated people like tobacco and downplays the craft. It is a belittling term.

Don Pepin Garcia would not call his fields “ 'baccy fields.” Hendrick Kelner would never wake up pour himself a cup of coffee and say “well... time to blend some 'baccy!” AJ Fernandez would not walk through his aging room and say “this 'baccy ain't ready yet!”

Tobacco and cigars are an art. One must use the language of the artist if they want to respect the artist.
    Right there I get off the bus. I have met the salt of the earth, he calls it bacca, and, yes, he has spent his life dedicated to the art of tobacco cultivation, blending and...

... oh, wait. Phillip Morris buys his crop, for the most part.

Still and all, that's snooty, Kuzi. The man is highly educated in myriad ways from diesel mechanics to blossom topping to hornworm eradication to how to fire cure Maryland bright leaf. If not, he would never have survived such a brutal profession as farming these many years. Nor would he, starting with nothing, now own 400 acres of Kentucky's finest bacca fields. Period. He calls it bacca out of affection, having poured his life into it. This bit you need to re-think. Hick farmers deserve respect.

Me, I call it sotweed, uppowoc, kinikinik, cohoba, it's all good.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuban-esque is right on... just a gimmick that plays to the misconception that cuban cigars are just all around better. Not to mention... not a single cigar that has been toted as "cuban-esque" comes close to tasting like a cuban. As you said, it just cant happen.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Please do tell me to shut up if any o' them grand tobaccy blendin' artists walk by, lest I insult them with my accent.
    webmost:
    kuzi16:
    2. 'baccy

Right there I get off the bus. I have met the salt of the earth, he calls it bacca, and, yes, he has spent his life dedicated to the art of tobacco cultivation, blending and...

... oh, wait. Phillip Morris buys his crop, for the most part.

Still and all, that's snooty, Kuzi. The man is highly educated in myriad ways from diesel mechanics to blossom topping to hornworm eradication to how to fire cure Maryland bright leaf. If not, he would never have survived such a brutal profession as farming these many years. Nor would he, starting with nothing, now own 400 acres of Kentucky's finest bacca fields. Period. He calls it bacca out of affection, having poured his life into it. This bit you need to re-think. Hick farmers deserve respect.

Me, I call it sotweed, uppowoc, kinikinik, cohoba, it's all good.

yeah.... i kinda figured this was gunna happen. i knew posts like this would be the response.

i do feel that i failed to articulate myself and i also forgot a point in that section.
    in Spanish (the language of the cigar industry) "Tobacco" translates to "Tobacco"
    there is no shorthand for it.

the part i didnt articulate well is what webmost was pointing out.

lemme explain a bit more if i may.

I also know people that grow tobacco for cigarettes, Phillip Morris actually. one man in particular, whose land i have hunted on for over 20 years (since i was 12), is one of the most well educated and well read people i have ever met. however, he is a giant freaking redneck when it comes to his accent. i could easily imagine him saying something along the lines of "Down yonder cross the crick in the haller i got me some 'baccy growin... " (of course he would actually say "tubacca" but i digress) so i understand that you can sound like you know nothing while in reality knowing more than 95% of the population.

however "'baccy" still makes me cringe every time i hear it. we arent talking about cigarettes. we are not talking about chew. we are not talking about Virginia grown pipe tobacco. we are talking about cigars. cigars use tobacco according to the growers, harvesters, sorters, pilone stackers, buncheros, torcedores, Blenders and everyone else in the industry. all of those other products use 'baccy.

another thought that i just had was that the term 'baccy is very reminiscent of the word "shine"

here is why i have that connection: my first exposure to the word "'baccy" came from a forum that im not even sure exists anymore. this forum was a grow it yourself tobacco forum. 99.9% of the people on there were cigarette and chew people growing their own "'baccy" to get out of paying taxes. this is effectively what moonshiners were doing. see the connection? we are not doing that here. we are getting a legal product that is taxed by the government. its almost different words for different products.

beyond that, i dont feel it is all that snobish.
    ok... just a little. but if that is the only thing that i am snobish about when it comes to cigars im not doing too bad. I have never looked down on anyone for smoking machine mades, or a brand that is very cheap. im a big fan of "smoke what you like, im not here to judge, im here for the cigars" and other things in that line. this list is what i find annoying. i dont think i will ever not cringe when i hear someone refer to cigar tobacco as "'baccy"
    roland_7707:
    Wow Kuzi, how long has that been stewing?
    years
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well, you know that cigar marketing will have truly jumped the shark when they start using the phrase "artisan-crafted cigars."
    raisindot:
    Well, you know that cigar marketing will have truly jumped the shark when they start using the phrase "artisan-crafted cigars."
    Seems like I already read that one somewhere. Maybe.
    Bob Luken:
    raisindot:

CLICK

kuzi16:
    Bob Luken:
    raisindot:

CLICK

LOL Thanks Kuzi, you're such a very resourceful fellow :)
    And just to be clear, I was just jokin' with you over the almost universal country accent bias. And I'm sure there's more to the term 'bacca than I'm aware of. Actually, in my experience, I've not often heard or read the term 'baccy or 'backa except when guys are just trying to sound goofy on purpose.

I don't live in or come from any tobacco growing region of the US. However, tuh-back-uh would be the way it's pronounced in my neck of the woods by half the folks. Would that be the dumber half? Maybe, maybe not.
    Bob Luken:
    And just to be clear, I was just jokin' with you over the almost universal country accent bias. And I'm sure there's more to the term 'bacca than I'm aware of. Actually, in my experience, I've not often heard or read the term 'baccy or 'backa except when guys are just trying to sound goofy on purpose.

I don't live in or come from any tobacco growing region of the US. However, tuh-back-uh would be the way it's pronounced in my neck of the woods by half the folks. Would that be the dumber half? Maybe, maybe not.
    i know you were kidding.
    i was just pointing out my awareness of the concept that it could very well be serious.

i mean, this was a list of things that annoy the crap out of ME. im fairly sure that one doesnt bother many others.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:

Go to a pipe forum! The term baccy is much more common there. It annoys me too... it must be a thing when talking about kentucky dark fired or VA's... "good ol American tobacco!" Of course, oriental and lat blends get the country boy nickname too... I dunno. I live in kentucky now and havent heard anyone say it yet! Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    What about Spanish Cedar?

Technically this is part of the Mahogany family. Quite the misnomer I would say.
    james40:
    What about Spanish Cedar?

Technically this is part of the Mahogany family. Quite the misnomer I would say.
    yes but it makes too much sense to be annoying.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    What about "Cuban seed"? There's so much more to the process than just the seed.
    Agreed. Didn't make my top ten though. There is Connecticut seed Ecuadorian and that is not annoying. Plus its kinda covered under "habano"
    Bob Luken:
    kuzi16:
    Bob Luken:
    raisindot:

CLICK

LOL Thanks Kuzi, you're such a very resourceful fellow :)
    Bwahaha!

That page says: " limited artisanal blends. ... crafted for the most developed palette."

Start out all artisinal but end up using the wrong palate.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I'm with you on 90% of the stuff.
    2 small rants
    Rant 1
    If I choose to spend the money, I can get cigars rolled pre-embargo. For me, when I hear "Pre-embargo" flavor, I think of Marvin Shanken sitting in what I imagine is some stupendous room with gilded walls enjoying a Partagas from 1959 or something so I take it totally different. I also wouldn't have a problem spending $150 on a single cigar that was rolled previous to the embargo but that's because I smoke so rarely. It's not like I'm buying boxes or anything.
    Rant 2
    Super Premium / Ultra Premium to me means that a premium maker known for quality and exceptional cigars decides to make something that is at the top of their spectrum, whether in price, rarity of tobacco, or both. For example. Padron is a Premium Cigar maker. They sell nothing under $5 or so. They don't make anything that is for a "target market" or anything like that. They make nice cigars that smoke well. Their 1926, 45 year, and 46 year sticks are what I would call a super premium because they are not only rarer and more costly but truly are a better cigar experience than a 3000 for example. That to me is a "Super Premium". I think that a better description would be Uber Premium because uber means "over the top" or "over the standard" of what is considered the norm. Maybe not the norm industry-wide but the norm of that particular manufacturer.

well put together list Matt. I really really agree with Habano. I like to know what seed strain the wrapper is and they never say anything
  • lonniekt1966lonniekt1966 Posts: 80
    This seems like the perfect thread to ask this question. What the hell does "chewy" mean when used in a review?
    lonniekt1966:
    This seems like the perfect thread to ask this question. What the hell does "chewy" mean when used in a review?
    when I use it in a review I mean it in how thick the smoke is and where that thickness is. If its a "chewy sweet" then the sweet is thick and has a heavy mouth feel. Make sense?