Home General Discussion

Connecticut recommendations

Looking for some mild-med body, full flavor, rich, smooth, creamy, buttery smooth connecticuts. Nutty flavors, sweet vanilla, coffee.. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Avo classic, davidoff private stock long filler,mow virtue just to name a few
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Cusano 18, Gurkha Park Ave, San Lotano Connecticut
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EPC new wave, AVO classic.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    Love those. Also, the san lotanos, xikar hc's, griffins, AVO... for something a little different the san cristobal elegancias are awesome. Interesting spice and flavor that I think is really unique. Mario palominos have a really good sweetness to them too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    Love those. Also, the san lotanos, xikar hc's, griffins, AVO... for something a little different the san cristobal elegancias are awesome. Interesting spice and flavor that I think is really unique. Mario palominos have a really good sweetness to them too.
    yes on the sc elegancias... damn fine smoke
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the park avenue conny,pretty good smoke.imo.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    These plus the Angelenos is a another great one. CLE conn is another good one. If you can find one the J. Grotto Silk is an excellent one, I have only found them in one B&M around here. I wasn't a fan of the San Cristobal, it wasn't bad but just doesn't suit my tastes, but if you're looking for a different kind of connie give it a go.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I'd add Perdomo Champagne Reserve Connecticut to the list. Simply awesome. I bought a robusto around Feb, and just smoked it 2 weeks ago. It was so good that I'm contemplating buying a box. And I normally hate Connies since it's like smoking air...

Good runners up in addition to what was listed by the posters above would be Room 101 Connecticut and Camacho Connecticut.

Also, do not discount the Ccom House Blend American Label. It's very good and is actually all long filler unlike the rest of the House Blends. All American tobaccos as well!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    I'd add Perdomo Champagne Reserve Connecticut to the list. Simply awesome. I bought a robusto around Feb, and just smoked it 2 weeks ago. It was so good that I'm contemplating buying a box. And I normally hate Connies since it's like smoking air...

Good runners up in addition to what was listed by the posters above would be Room 101 Connecticut and Camacho Connecticut.

Also, do not discount the Ccom House Blend American Label. It's very good and is actually all long filler unlike the rest of the House Blends. All American tobaccos as well!
    I knew I forgot a couple! I just had a new camacho connie and it was fantastic. Room 101 and perdomo are great too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    yes on the sc elegancias... damn fine smoke
    Yeah, those SC Elegencia's are good Forgot about those. And I love me some AVO, but pricier than the Olivas, which I like a lot.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I second the perdomo suggestion. One of my top 5 sticks :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • They say its a "starter" cigar...but I really would recommend Macanudo...their connecticut line anyways...whatever its called. Don Diego PlayBoy Editions are good...the original not the rehash. But those are not easy to find anymore.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Vintage 99

not a bad connie right there!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    The cigar.com expert picks are connecticuts right now. I've had all but the Perdomo and would recommend checking that deal out. The LGC is a definite winner in my book.
  • TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    The Griffins are nice...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Texvet:
    The Griffins are nice...
    ..to this I would agree. Love The Griffins.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO:

1) MOW Virtue (tie)
    1) Angelenos by Fuente (tie)
    3) Monte White (I'd never pay MSRP for them though)
    4) Camacho Connecticut
    5) LGC Artesanos Retro Especial

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    I second this. Also, the Gurkha Symphony is a great conny.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the Rocky Patel Connecticut.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I can really enjoy some good conns. Gran Habano #1 is great. Perdomo Champagnes. Ramon Bueso Odysseys. If you haven't tried any of these, give them a shot.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the CLE connecticuts as well. Very pleasant smoke
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AKA Conny is great and the AVO XO, Gurkha Symphony, MOW Virtue, all good!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    I really enjoy the Rocky Patel Connecticut.

I'll second that by golly.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Hammer + Sickle Tradicion Serie right now and I can enthusiastically recommend it. (Excuse me while I go add it to my bio.)