Home General Discussion

Big life events and no time to smoke!

Anyone else ever have a big event happen and just want to run away for an hour or so and burn a celebratory cigar but not get the chance?

Well this past friday I asked my girlfriend to marry me and was lucky enough to have her say yes. It's been an insanely busy weekend since then but I know at some point this week there's a Padron 64 in my humi waiting for me.

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    grats man!!!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Let's go herf somewhere an celebrate!
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! the extra time will make that 64 even better!
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    thehilk:
    This is a good idea! We should get together another New England herf over at Castros or O'Sheas or Federal.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Congrats sir. If you guys have federal within driving range, I envy you. Enjoy taking the next step...wait until the first kid comes..that's all I'll say. Put those cigars to rest for about a year if you know what I mean.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! You think things are crazy now........buhahahaha
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Welcome to the real life!
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats man! Marriage is a wonderful thing! I wish you the very best.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    thehilk:
    This is a good idea! We should get together another New England herf over at Castros or O'Sheas or Federal.
    I'm in if it's a little closer than NH. Congrats also.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats brother. You may just have to make the time.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Sometimes the timing isn't right but it will be. Just let that cigar wait for you.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and good luck in the future!
  • Congratulations!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Turtle Man says: "Yiyiyiyiyiyiyi live action! Get yuh some!"

Just remember these two crucial tips for connubial bliss:

She can do anything you can do better
    ... but you take out the trash

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Thank you all very much, it's an exciting time. Now I get to "help" with the wedding planning which means just saying yes to whatever she wants.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Thank you all very much, it's an exciting time. Now I get to "help" with the wedding planning which means just saying yes to whatever she wants.
    You catch on quick.LOL
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Marriage to me is one of the hardest and easiest things to do... Then the baby came. Praying that God blesses yall.
    One God, One Truth
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Congrats!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations dude.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Anyone else ever have a big event happen and just want to run away for an hour or so and burn a celebratory cigar but not get the chance?
    Yep....
    danielruas:
    Well this past friday I asked my girlfriend to marry me and was lucky enough to have her say yes. It's been an insanely busy weekend since then but I know at some point this week there's a Padron 64 in my humi waiting for me.
    Congrats.
    Hopefully you can sneak one in on your wedding day .... best chance is earlier in the day, while she's getting hair/nails/etc. done.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Congrats !! another good Lowell man out of the game
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and best of wishes
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Joining the ranks of the almost married. Congratulations Daniel! Best wishes to you and your future wife.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. You will come to appreciate a good cigar even more if that is possible. Nothing like sitting in the back yard with a good stick after a long night of wedding planning. We are expecting our first child in less than a month, so I get away from the chaos by planning my celabratory smokes.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Congratulations. You will come to appreciate a good cigar even more if that is possible. Nothing like sitting in the back yard with a good stick after a long night of wedding planning. We are expecting our first child in less than a month, so I get away from the chaos by planning my celabratory smokes.
    congrats Carl !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Dude congrats!!!! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.