Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Trade for a CAO Cubist Ashtray

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Does anyone have one of these ashtrays? I have been on the hunt for a ashtray for some time and I really don't want to pay $100 for this one, but I would be willing in trading several smokes for it.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Wish I had one. I just googled it and it looks pretty cool. Maybe pay someone to make one?? Cabinetmaker?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Have you looked into picking up a box of 5 vegas limitada 08's? Someone else on here just asked about them recently. I have a box and the top of the box doubles as a beautiful, ceramic, 4 finger ashtray. I use it as my everyday ashtray. Oh, and the cigars are nice too.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    you have a pm krieg
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Krieg please ignore my pm ..... showed instock the clicked it and now not available and everyone that has it, its ove 100.00 sorry buddy
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't have one of these, but I do have an unused 5 Vegas Limitada '08 ashtray that came with the box. I don't know if you have your heart set on the CAO one, but I'm more than willing to part with this one if you'd like to trade for it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    That ashtray is pretty awesome man, I think I may make one like it. I need to go to the arts and craft place here and see if there is a kiln I can use there. The one in Schofield didn't have one.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    A little MC Escher there. If you find one for 40 bucks let me know... :)
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    You want to know what I use for an ash tray? A stone ex bird bath with some small bird models on it that just so happen to make good cigar rests. Didn't cost me a thing, found it in my garage, washed the sucker out and now it's holding the remains of my cigars.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey Krieg..you may very well have come across this already, but when I googled it to see what it looked like for myself, I came up with this link..has it advertised for $40: http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/36762
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • A really good friend of mine has one. I will say, its most definitely the coolest ash tray I have seen to date, and I love when he decides to break it out. You will be lucky if you find one for less than a $100 or anyone willing to trade. These things are like collectors items now.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Hey Krieg..you may very well have come across this already, but when I googled it to see what it looked like for myself, I came up with this link..has it advertised for $40: http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/36762
    Thanks Hays, I did find that a few weeks ago and added myself to their notify list, but I am tired of waiting!!

"Long ashes my friends."

j0z3r:
    I don't have one of these, but I do have an unused 5 Vegas Limitada '08 ashtray that came with the box. I don't know if you have your heart set on the CAO one, but I'm more than willing to part with this one if you'd like to trade for it.
    hey j0zr, do you have any pics of it?

"Long ashes my friends."

alienmisprint:
    That ashtray is pretty awesome man, I think I may make one like it. I need to go to the arts and craft place here and see if there is a kiln I can use there. The one in Schofield didn't have one.
    I love that ashtray, looks pretty sweet, I have never seen one like it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Krieg, he's talking about the one pictured here, it was part of the box for the 08's.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=664
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yep, there ya go...Thanks for the pick up Tony.
  • rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    CAO Cubist Ashtray

MAKE AN OFFER :)

I talked a seller down from $345 to $205.. it can be done! There's 4 according to the numbers.

I bet if you offered $75 you might get it.

cool. thanks rad, ill make an offer and let you guys know what happens

"Long ashes my friends."

• 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Careful. He's got some not so awesome feedback. Looks like most got their item just took a long time.
    Krieg:
    cool. thanks rad, ill make an offer and let you guys know what happens
    So tell us, did you get it?!

Nope, decided I needed a bigger humidor instead (300-400 ct). I think I'm gonna wait till around Christmas time to see if i get it for a present. I really don't wanna pay $100 for an ashtray.

"Long ashes my friends."

Your right! Because from what I understand, I just posted the exact same humidor that you just bought. (I was asking if anyone had it and if they thought the shelves could be adjusted to fit a box in there.)
    Hopefully you get it REAL soon, because my trigger finger is itchin' for a larger mid-sized humidor (on my way to a large cabinet, probably by next year) and I want to be able to age sticks and collect some of these great daily deals without overflow problems. Mainly because I just haven't worked my way up to smokin 10 cigars a day!

On another note, I really really want one of those orange and white cohiba ashtrays, they run $100 and I have a bid in on one for about $45 (crosses fingers).

rad1964:
    Your right! Because from what I understand, I just posted the exact same humidor that you just bought. (I was asking if anyone had it and if they thought the shelves could be adjusted to fit a box in there.)
    Hopefully you get it REAL soon, because my trigger finger is itchin' for a larger mid-sized humidor (on my way to a large cabinet, probably by next year) and I want to be able to age sticks and collect some of these great daily deals without overflow problems. Mainly because I just haven't worked my way up to smokin 10 cigars a day!

On another note, I really really want one of those orange and white cohiba ashtrays, they run $100 and I have a bid in on one for about $45 (crosses fingers).

Did you get your humi yet?

"Long ashes my friends."

• bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Maybe another option for that CAO Cubist guys: CAO Cubist Ashtray
    yeah, i saw that one, but I ain't paying $50+ for one of these w/ a burn mark in it.

"Long ashes my friends."