Home Non Cigar Related

this forum

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
i find my self in constant search of cigar related tidbits of info. i have many links in my bookmarks to many sites with this info. im always looking for more.

this often leads me to other forums.

other forums suck.

this is where it is at (a place where it is ok to end a sentence with a preposition)

the watered down info on other forums cannot be trusted. proceed with caution.
in all fairness, not all of it is wrong. just be skeptical. check for yourself. check here. the people here are dedicated to the right info. its amazing. not only that but they will link you to a source that is to be trusted, not just some wiki site that anyone can modify.

and when all else fails, Alex will chime in and give the real deal info we crave.

thats why i have so many freakin posts.

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I couldn't agree more kuzi. I've learned just about all I know about cigars from these very forums. I don't think I would be in this deep if it weren't for you all. I'd also like to add that unlike most places you find online, everyone here is more than willing to answer any questions and provide any help they can. It's obvious that a lot of the questions we get here have been answered more times than any of us can count, but it's never a problem. Being new to the hobby isn't considered some sort of disease, and that's the one thing that made me stick around initially.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, you are 100% correct Kuzi! This is the only forum I participate in and I have been to a few others. I first came to this place just looking for some info on cigars, but I have found so much more with all the great people here. I'm glad to know you all.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi, once again, you're spot on!
    I'm fairly new and I've learned a lot from this forum. I look around the net and there are no other sites as well run and informative as this one.
    I've been accused of having a sick sense of humor and the more I read, the more I feel I fit in here just fine! Between you and Lassy, I don't know who makes me laugh harder.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I agree too... I can safely say that this forum was also one of the reasons for me to STAY in this hobby and start enjoying it more... If some of you remember ;)...
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Renaissance_Man:
    I agree too... I can safely say that this forum was also one of the reasons for me to STAY in this hobby and start enjoying it more... If some of you remember ;)...
    How's that going btw? ;) and Ccom forum ROCKS!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's funny you should make this post Kuzi, because I've often thought the same thing. I found myself on the "cigar family" forum one night just looking around and I was astounded by not only all the false information i saw but also the sheer arrogance with which it was delivered....I could never participate in a forum that operated that way. This forum is so down-to-earth in comparison, and as I've said many times we have a ridiculously low Bullsh*t to real info ratio. As far as cigar forums go, if I don't post here then I probably won't post anywhere.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    4bob4:
    Renaissance_Man:
    How's that going btw? ;) and Ccom forum ROCKS!
    I "grew my balls back", over-stocked my humi, got 2 more portable humis, started a cigar review site, smoke one almost every day, and started enjoying much more flavors as of recent. Not to mention that I have change the way I smoke due to incredible information from here and advice from members - from what drinks to drink to how to puff and how long and how to cut, etc. etc. etc... So I guess it is going PRETTY DAMN GOOD! LOL :)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You know, this forum is the best forum I have been a member of, cigar-based or not. You generally get at least a few forum-Supermen, the guys who act like they know everything and are better than everyone else. I haven't seen that at all on this forum. You guys are easily the most welcoming and down-to-Earth group of people I have come across on the internet.
  • kuzi16:
    i find my self in constant search of cigar related tidbits of info. i have many links in my bookmarks to many sites with this info. im always looking for more.

other forums suck.

this is where it is at (a place where it is ok to end a sentence with a preposition)

in all fairness, not all of it is wrong. just be skeptical. check for yourself. check here. the people here are dedicated to the right info. its amazing. not only that but they will link you to a source that is to be trusted, not just some wiki site that anyone can modify.

and when all else fails, Alex will chime in and give the real deal info we crave.

You have some many posts because you're a nerd, man.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    kuzi16:

other forums suck.

FILTHY!!! GOOD TO SEE YOU!

And Kuzi... just come out and say it... the reason you are always on here is because of me and insomnia...

I respect your right to privacy, but don't lie to the other guys
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Spot on Kuz ...This is the only sight I participate on/trust advise from and is responsible for the broadening of my horizons regarding not only cigars but some other things as well (beer, bourbon ,wine) and for that I thank you my friends ...
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Spot on Kuz ...This is the only sight I participate on/trust advise from and is responsible for the broadening of my horizons regarding not only cigars but some other things as well (beer, bourbon ,wine) and for that I thank you my friends ...
    Well, you guy's left nothing for me to say... so yeah...what they said.
  • Amen
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like that this forum has so many good people with such a diversity of thoughts and opinions and a good knowledge of cigars and everything cigar. Not to mention that there is some truly funny chit on here.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I am surprised at how young this group is too.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on everything all you guys just said.

Renaissance, I'm glad to hear everything worked out well for you in the end.

I think Cigar.com should just copy and paste this entire thread for advertisement for their website! Cause it's the cigars that bring us to this website, but the community (comunidad.... lol) and the easily forged friendships that keep us here.

I don't think it can be said enough, thanks to you all for being incredible people and for you willingness to share you experiences with any newbie who wonders in.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Goldy:
    I am surprised at how young this group is too.
    For that comment... you have been put on the list. There happen to be plenty of old fellas here.
    Rndstn for one. Andy is older than dirt.
    I look out for the old fellas, and they don't appreciate comments like that!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    kuzi16:

other forums suck.

been a while since you hit the forum.

we should get a smoke in soon.

and

giner.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Laker. Being two years older than dirt, I bring the group average up about 4 or 5 years.

Besides, I'll take age and trickery over youth and vigor anytime! LOL
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    this thread is one rocking love fest! haha. I can't help but hear Eric Cartman saying "I love you guys". Eat bacon, love your BOTL
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jdorais:
    Eat bacon, love your BOTL
    will do!

This forum does rock.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Jdorais:
    this thread is one rocking love fest! haha. I can't help but hear Eric Cartman saying "I love you guys".
    Eat bacon, love your BOTL
    I accidently hit the post button before I finshed.
    What I wanted to say was that what I have learned so far about our hobby I learned from this forum and all you all. I've visited other forums, but they all outright suck.
    kuzi16:

and

giner.
    Giner....as in VA-Giner????

Are you saying you two studs light up some serious smokes and go cruising for trim?

Watchout ladies!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:

and

giner.

Are you saying you two studs light up some serious smokes and go cruising for trim?

Watchout ladies!
    We go to club, dance, have champagne... just get in sports car! (you Seth McFarlane fans will understand)
    clearlysuspect:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:

and

giner.

Watchout ladies!
    We go to club, dance, have champagne... just get in sports car! (you Seth McFarlane fans will understand)
    yes as in VA-giner...

but it has nothing to do with goin out searching for the ladies.... im married, hes engaged. it started as a joke, then it was a nickname. now its just punctuation.
    I can just picture you two just smoking a cigar laughing like little school girls talking about "Giner"

Wifre and Fiance - "What are you two laughing about out there???

Kuz and Filthy - "NOTHING!!!".... *snicker* *snicker*
  • kuzi16:
    clearlysuspect:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:

and

giner.

Watchout ladies!
    yes as in VA-giner...

but it has nothing to do with goin out searching for the ladies.... im married, hes engaged. it started as a joke, then it was a nickname. now its just punctuation.
    Best punctuation ever!!!!!!
  • Lasabar:
    I can just picture you two just smoking a cigar laughing like little school girls talking about "Giner"

Wifre and Fiance - "What are you two laughing about out there???

Kuz and Filthy - "NOTHING!!!".... *snicker* *snicker*
    Usually happens that way which is sad and funny like an overweight ballerina (SP?)
    you spelled that right...

too many bad inside jokes around the fire.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You know, something no one has yet mentioned that really gets me about this forum is the way you make actual friends here. I really would hang out with alot of the people here on the boards if we were near, and I do consider several of the people on here actual friends, not just anonymous screen names. It really is a great community.