Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Best Packaging for shipment.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is the best packaging for cigars for shipping. Say 1 - 5 cigars.
Been thinking about stocking up on bubble rap and PVC.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    What is the best packaging for cigars for shipping. Say 1 - 5 cigars.
    Been thinking about stocking up on bubble rap and PVC.
    Depends on how many you are shipping etc etc, but generally bubble wrap or if you are extra fancy they make bubble wrap envelopes. I've also used Tupperware with a Boveda pack inside wrapped in bubble wrap outside for larger shipments and that works well too. It's all about keeping a sealed rH environment and making it so that the sticks cannot move around any or at least as much as possible so they don't bang together or on something and crack etc.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    My philosophy: When ever you order sticks, or someone on Ccom sends you some...KEEP THE STUFF THEY CAME IN! Water pillows, small bags, bubble wrap, etc etc etc.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    For small packages, I either use a small flat rate box or a box from ccom. Bubble wrap is a must if you care about the cigars at all. Lastly, a typical cigar zip lock bag is sufficient, but I prefer these, especially if any of the cigars are without cello. The individual slots help protect the cigars from each other and avoid wrapper damage.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info everyone. As usual all good ideas.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll show ya....:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    I'll show ya....:-)
    I bet you will Mike!
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I can send you some great shipping materials, check your PMs for details!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    For small packages when I dont have anymore bubble wrap, I put the smokes in a zip lock bag of course, and use kroger/wal mart bags to fill the empty space...very good way to pack it in there and keep the cigars from moving around during delivery.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent I've got some bubble wrap bags that Mike sent, I can send you a few...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ya' ain't got no bubble wrap,......You know that old fashioned stuff,.......Newspaper? It still works pretty good too ;)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    PM sent I've got some bubble wrap bags that Mike sent, I can send you a few...
    Yep.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    If ya' ain't got no bubble wrap,......You know that old fashioned stuff,.......Newspaper? It still works pretty good too ;)

I always liked getting goods packed in newspaper.... not only do you get the goods, but you get a good 15 minutes of reading whats current in BFE

Aj