Home General Discussion

Must be a Franchise.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
When I went out looking for cigars here in West Gnawed Pencil, TN it was almost an impossible task. Low and behold head shops and gas stations turned out to be some shining stars. Expensive but well maintained. The humidors were all the same, not large but room enough for about 20 boxes. The boxes themselves were no indication of what was in them and they had to be picked through. I did manage to find a Fuente. Montecristo and C-Notes. There were some other good choices but I didn't recognize them at the time.
Someone had a great idea for what I am sure is a Franchise. If they would lower the prices and straighten them up they would have a gold mine.
Of course I have no hope at all that the attendants will ever be well versed on the contents.

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one in my area where the humidity was likely 100% and another where it was probably around 60%. You could see the dryness and how brittle some of the sticks were. Sometimes I like to play dumb and see informed they are on the sticks they are selling. I once had a worker tell me that the Liga 9 had the #9 in it bc it was their 9th anniversary or some crap like that. LOL He clearly didn't have a clue.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, I originally posted this with the worng entry. Hey, it's early and I'm old!

We have a local head shop that happens to have a small walk-in humidor. I would walk in and think I was walking into a steam bath. He had a beautiful box of Partigas Blacks with mold on them that was so thick, it was throbbing! Needless to say, I never bought anything there. I told him about it, but my Arabic sucks, so I guess he didn't understand me.