Home Non Cigar Related

Pneumonia

So I was just diagnosed with Pneumonia. So cigar smoking is out for a bit. It's really upsetting, as I have been craving a CAO Brazilian since the day I got sick, and for the first time in a few years, I haven't been able to satisfy that craving.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Get better soon man, I had the pig aids a few months ago and that wasn't fun at all, I can't even imagine getting through pneumonia. I'll light one up for you!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Sorry to hear that. Get well soon bro.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Best wishes on getting better soon Beta ...
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    So I was just diagnosed with Pneumonia. So cigar smoking is out for a bit. It's really upsetting, as I have been craving a CAO Brazilian since the day I got sick, and for the first time in a few years, I haven't been able to satisfy that craving.
    Whaaat?!!! Dude - you should have called! I am texting you right now... Feel better man! And do not force yourself to smoke anything any time soon. Your cigars will gladly chill and wait for you in the humi... It will all taste/feel much better after you are ok anyway :)!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this... Hope you feel better soon.

On a related note I just got over the boogie-woogie flu.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better. I once caught non-respiratory pneumonia while I was on deployment with the Navy. I had to go up 10 stairs. When I started at the bottom I felt completely fine. By the 5th step I was laying motionless on the stairs and 2 guys had to carry me to medical where they told me I couldn't get out of bed for the next 48 hours. Worst 48 hours of my life! I really do hope you feel better!
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    ugh, that's some fugged up sheet right there. give yourself some rest and you'll be back at 'em in no time flat.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I had walking pneumonia a while ago. knocked me on my ass for a week. 5 days into it, I decided I felt good enough to go to the store for something tasty. big mistake, walked in the store, got half way down 1 isle and I lost my breath, nearly had to sit down right in the isle I was so wiped out.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    As an update, feeling pretty fuggin' good right now. I am just about back to around 85% whereas when I posted I was at maybe 60%. Give it a day, maybe two, and I should be ready to have a nice smoke. I'm thinking a nice Camacho Select or something strong to shake the cobwebs loose. Thanks for all the well-wishes guys.

Adding to the lot of stories, I had pneumonia once before. In high school, I was a stubborn kid, and refused to go to the hospital (fear of needles.) So I sat in bed for a month and change, and finally went, was hospitalized for a few weeks. I was on maybe 100 percent oxygen through a mask, I couldn't walk, couldn't breath out hard enough to blow out a candle. Almost died. As sort of a miracle story, I made a huge recovery just in time to go home on Thanksgiving. My dad and siblings went to his parents' house, but me and my mom had a little thanksgiving at home. Lesson learned, if you feel like crap, go see a doctor. I went after just four days, and I'm doing pretty good now.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I had pnuemonia a couple of times, breathing in sawdust day after day brings on a persistent dry cough. It took a few months before it was found the second time, it was down low in my lung. I'd been to the doctor several times and it was never found, different antibiotics would make me feel better for a week or so, but it'd get worse every time. Thankfully I finally went to see a doctor I knew who lived 60 miles away, he found it, put me on the right antibiotics and I was back to normal after about a week. I only missed about 5 days of work during that whole ordeal!

Looks like you're on the road to recovery, but these things can come back just when you think they're gone, so maybe give it an extra day or two. That's a lesson hard learned from me.