Home General Discussion

New Year's Stick?

No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
Well here it's supposed to be cold as balls and possibly snow at night, but I didn't get a Christmas stick in and I'd like to treat myself to something nice and worthy of an hour or so of cryopreservation lol I'm between a My Father and an AKA Respect. Wish I could smoke the Padron I just got from Curt but I think it needs to sit for a few days at least. Maybe I'll find something else to celebrate to make it worthy hehe

So what about you all? Any plans?

Comments

• PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I think I'll be smoking AJ's San Lotano Habano toro and Pinolero Habano toro… my current faves.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Going out that night with a couple of notorious moochers... some probably something middle of road like LaDC's. Or maybe drop a pack of baitfish in my coat pocket. You know what, now that I say it... baitfish sound damn good.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    If I get the chance, given the cold, I'll probably grab a little box of LFD Carajos.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up a nice kristoff maduro, maybe that or a camacho triple mad.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Ill be going to my local B&M to get oit of the cold. I think Ill have a Fuente unnamed reserve and maybe a Camacho Blackout. Love that Blackout.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing if my cold isn't better. Friday was the worst, and I hope to be over it for the most part by tomorrow. If I am, I'll probably smoke at the cigar bar so it depends what selection they have.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I accidentally grabbed a 3 year old H. Upman. Actually thought I was grabbing a Fonseca Arana when I was packing for the boat. Don't know how It got into the everyday humi but that's what I will probably be having. Or a Cuba Libre One since those are my last two I brought.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Bigshizza I am going to light up a San Christobal de Habana. If I have the chance.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Might be switching my choice to the Alec Bradley Black Market, though I won't be Bass fishing so idk yet...
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I'm leaning towards a Tatuaje Reserva. I also have a DPG Blue that has been mocking me of late. Little devil
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    New Year's Eve I think I will burn a Year of the Snake to say good bye to a good year. New Year's Day? Depends if I'm hung over or not. ;)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Probably my last Partagas 160
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Probably my last Partagas 160
    nice
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I plan to go out for lunch and bring a MOW Puro With and a Headley Grange with me.
    It's as cold now as it was last night during the VHerf so screw waiting, at like 330 EST I'm having my New Years stick. Just gotta finish another hour of programming and it will be enough for the day. I miss New Years in Florida...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I accidentally grabbed a 3 year old H. Upman. Actually thought I was grabbing a Fonseca Arana when I was packing for the boat. Don't know how It got into the everyday humi but that's what I will probably be having. Or a Cuba Libre One since those are my last two I brought.
    How long you usually stay on the boat and how do you pack cigars for your trip? Do you use a travel humi or just bag 'em? Do you keep a wood humi on the boat? Do you try and pack a cigar for each watch?
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to supprise myself, I MAY let my better half pick something ???
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013 opus x angels share toro for me tonight!
    Bloody hell that was cold, and the damned thing was such a slow burn. Great cigar really but I'm glad I can warm up now. Before I went out:

Thanks Jim!!
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to have a LADC Mi Amore tonight while grilling, and an Anejo from Rick tomorrow morning. Thanks Rick!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive gotn LFD i won at an event i been holding onto for awhile
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Thanks to Bigshizza I am going to light up a San Christobal de Habana. If I have the chance.
    Have one of these gifted to me about two years ago...think I'll go with this tonight as well!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    Echambers:
    Have one of these gifted to me about two years ago...think I'll go with this tonight as well!
    Fine choice. I need to pick some of them up soon!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    gripnrip:
    Echambers:
    Ohhh noooo he didn't.......:)
  • TexvetTexvet Posts: 39
    First stick of the night in progress.. DE KFC, this is my first Kentucky Fire Cured - It's tasty, but not what I was expecting (I think I got caught up in the hype). Sort of like a bigger, more expensive hand made Parodi. I'm not **** Parodi's, I like them. Next up and to bring in the new year - Nat Sherman Timeless. Be Safe,
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    gripnrip:
    Echambers:
    Ohhh noooo he didn't.......:)
    You walked into that one....
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that it's 4 degrees here, I was going to skip it. But since it is New Year's Eve, I was thinking of lighting up inside. That's a good enough excuse, right?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Considering that it's 4 degrees here, I was going to skip it. But since it is New Year's Eve, I was thinking of lighting up inside. That's a good enough excuse, right?
    Hell Yea!!!!
    Enjoyed a La Aurora Emerald earlier, movin on to a Litto Gomez SB IV
  • zino platinum new york