Home Non Cigar Related

Great ending to my day

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, I had a 12hr shift at work today....wife was out to dinner with some friends. I swing in to pick up the kiddos, and about 2min after I get there...the wife calls.

Hey, uh....can you come pick us up? We're drunk.

Yeah...yeah sure. Blah

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    You're the hero of the day .... Maybe you'll be rewarded for your kind act.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    kingjk729:
    You're the hero of the day .... Maybe you'll be rewarded for your kind act.
    You'd hope...but she's already passed out
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's perfect! When I first started dating my soon to be fiancee called me when I was on the train from Portland to Bellingham. She asked me when my train got in (I thought maybe she was going to surprise me at the train station). I told her "ten thirty" and she replied "Great! Me and Shelly are drunk and need a ride home."
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No 4 day?
    Rain:
    No 4 day?
    I get 3 outta 4
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at it this way.....your wife has had too much to drink and she called the one person she knew she could count on. No tickets, no wrecks, and once her hangover is over she will be able to do it again.
    jd50ae:
    Look at it this way.....your wife has had too much to drink and she called the one person she knew she could count on. No tickets, no wrecks, and once her hangover is over she will be able to do it again.
    Tis true, tis true.....
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    Tis true, tis true.....

My personal silly person doesn't drink so I have a permanent designated driver....works for me....
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    Tis true, tis true.....

My personal silly person doesn't drink so I have a permanent designated driver....works for me....
    I can't complain, really. Her and a bunch of co-workers/friends went for dinner and $4 margaritas after a long week of working with small children.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    Tis true, tis true.....

I can't complain, really. Her and a bunch of co-workers/friends went for dinner and $4 margaritas after a long week of working with small children.
    Just remember this next time you see something on the sprint sale!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:
    jd50ae:
    Tis true, tis true.....

Just remember this next time you see something on the sprint sale!!!
    LOL, she did just drop $60 at dinner, on just her!