Home Non Cigar Related

Yep, I'm an idiot.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not only did I give Doug the wrong addy for Rain, but tonight I had one of those nights where I confirmed I'm an idiot.

My son has been needing a job for some time.
Today, he tells me he found a job on Facebook of someone looking for someone with his skills.
I ask him where, he says Montana.
Oh, who you going to work for?
Uncle Tim.
Oh yeah, he has a company in Montana. Yup, here's your sign. LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all... you are NOT an idiot!

Second... I love that bit!!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's terrible is my son's been looking for a job for a while now and I knew my brother was looking for workers with construction skills and some knowledge of electronics.
    I never put 2 and 2 together.
    And I never gave it a thought to have my son call my brother to see if he would hire him.
    Told my wife I felt stupid for not even considering it.
    It should have been obvious to me, yet it never entered my mind.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny! Glad he found a job though. How do you feel about him moving to Montana?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Echambers:
    That's funny! Glad he found a job though. How do you feel about him moving to Montana?
    As long as he isn't living in my other house, I don't care.
    Plus then maybe my father will teach him a few things about the native american culture.
    He'll be around a lot of my family, so that will be a good thing.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience:
    Echambers:
    As long as he isn't living in my other house, I don't care.
    Plus then maybe my father will teach him a few things about the native american culture.
    He'll be around a lot of my family, so that will be a good thing.
    You grew up in Montana, Tony? One of my best childhood friends lives there. He is the chief guide at the Little Big Horn National Park.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    You grew up in Montana, Tony? One of my best childhood friends lives there. He is the chief guide at the Little Big Horn National Park.
    Oh no. I've only lived in Montana for a few months my entire life.
    My father left the reservation to go into the military when he was 17 and my family moved every couple years.
    When I got older, I went to Montana for a bit and found out I lived in "the white man's world" too long, according to my grandfather. LOL!
    So now most my family lives in Montana and one sister and I live in Oregon.
    My great-great grandfather was a french indian scout for a fur trading company that worked for John Jacob Astor, who founded the town I live in (I actually live in Warrenton, but it is considered part of Astoria). ANd at one time, the Duwamish River in Washington was names Ouvre's River after him.

I know, way more info than anyone wanted to know. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Puff_Dougie:
    My father left the reservation to go into the military when he was 17 and my family moved every couple years.
    When I got older, I went to Montana for a bit and found out I lived in "the white man's world" too long, according to my grandfather. LOL!
    My great-great grandfather was a french indian scout for a fur trading company that worked for John Jacob Astor, who founded the town I live in (I actually live in Warrenton, but it is considered part of Astoria). ANd at one time, the Duwamish River in Washington was names Ouvre's River after him.

Very cool history! Hope your enjoys his new job
    Bigshizza:
    0patience:
    Puff_Dougie:

+1
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bigshizza:
    0patience:
    Puff_Dougie:

+2 +1
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.