Home Non Cigar Related

SuperBowl Menu

Preparing for the SuperBowl - Interested in hearing what some of your SuperBowl Menu Favs/Must Haves are.
Armadillo Eggs
Ingredients
- Jimmy Dean Ground Sausage
- Jalapeno's
- Cream Cheese
Directions
1. Slice top of jalapeno (stem) off and "pit" it/remove seeds with a paring knife
2. With a toothpick or needle poke a whole at jalapeno tip (opposite of cut end)
3. Stuff w/Cream Cheese
4. Take some of the sausage and work into a large enough patty to wrap jalapeno
5. Wrap jalapeno with sausage patty covering entire jalapeno.
6. Place Armadillo Eggs on wax paper and then place in fridge (over night) or freezer (30-45 minutes) - do this to firm the sausage
7. Best to cook on grill but may cook in oven - cook all the way through roughly 30 minutes depending on thickness of sausage and size of jalapeno.
8. Lastly serve on a dish for all to enjoy
Please feel free to alter as you'd like i.e. cut jalapeno in half, mix shrimp with cream cheese, etc.

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    For me... Superbowl Sunday is the Thanksgiving of finger foods. My menu consists of the smoky lil sauges in bbq, loaded veggie trays with ranch dip, salsa con queso, chips.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds really good. But is it hard to keep the sausage from falling off once cooking?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pizza....that's where our tradition of Sunday night home-made pizza started.
    Been doing it (almost) every sunday since Superbowl Sunday 2 years ago.

Definitely hot wings too...can't forget those. Grill if it's warm(er), oven if it's too cold to be outside.

And either some chips/guac/salsa or homemade french fries.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assorted wings from a local sports bar called Dinos
    My wife's buffalo chicken dip and chips
    Beer
    . . . . . ...and, of course...

NACHOS!!!!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That buffalo chicken dip sounds good. Do you have the recipe you mind sharing?
  • No sir, that's a big reason why you want to put in fridge or freezer.
  • I second Morgan's request!!!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...beer.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of
    Rain:
    ...beer.
    FTFW

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    That buffalo chicken dip sounds good. Do you have the recipe you mind sharing?

JMartinez10:
    I second Morgan's request!!!
    I'll check with wifey and see if I can get her to give up the recipe.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I do the same thing but instead of sausage I use applewood smoked bacon to wrap the jalapeno and bake @ 375 for 30-40 minutes
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Buffalo chicken dip. Cream cheese, Franks, Shredded chicken, Ranch and shredded cheese into the crock pot for an hour or so. Serve with celery sticks...religious! And copious amounts of beer...