Home Non Cigar Related

Thoughts on a difficult situation?

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Very sad, but interesting topic. Still deciding the way I totally feel.....any thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/24/health/pregnant-brain-dead-woman-texas/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I've read this before, and if it was my wife I'd want the plug pulled.The family's attorneys more recently said that Marlise's fetus "is distinctly abnormal," suffering from hydrocephalus and "deformed to the extent that the gender cannot be determined." "Quite sadly, this information is not surprising due to the fact that the fetus, after being deprived of oxygen for an indeterminate length of time, is gestating within a dead and deteriorating body, as a horrified family looks on in absolute anguish, distress and sadness," attorneys Jessica Janicek and Heather King said in a statement.
  • I agree with Randy and to be honest wife and I have been looking into developing a living will in case something were to happen to either of us. I think it's a must for every family. It's hard but a must. Don't want the burden of having to decide what to do be added to your loved ones.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but in my mind there is absolutely no debate. You respect the family's wishes. Plain and simple. Give them closure to this nightmare of a situation.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Sorry, but in my mind there is absolutely no debate. You respect the family's wishes. Plain and simple. Give them closure to this nightmare of a situation.
    Thank you. Exactly!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be different if the child was going to be healthy?
  • Vulchor wrote the following post at 2014/01/24 4:11 PM: Would it be different if the child was going to be healthy?

Playing Devil's Advocate I see. I still believe it should be in the interest of the family. I'm not for nor against abortion so not going there but stand with it being family's choice.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:

Exactly..!

• perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Totally agree, this is not the state's business. So boys and girls, if you want to spare your families some agony make sure you have an advanced directive filed with your doc and some other places.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add this to the long list of reasons to never go to Texas.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I'll add this to the long list of reasons to never go to Texas.
    Are you wanted?