Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey guys and gals ........ my cousin is working on a 50th birthday gift for my other cousin whom i smoke with reguarly ..... she has already purchased an old end table that needs to be refinished, if i remember it was purchased at an estate sale for 75.00 and she is going to sand and do all the minor stuff and she a friend who does amazing refinishing work ........ so the plan is to make something very rare and unique, the table will be finished and all cigar bands will be placed on the top of the table and preserved and finished ...... i know the table refinished alone would fetch a handsome reward but this is to be an heirloom to get passed down ...... what i'd like to do if anyone's willing to help, i need to collect cigar bands that are removed intact sill banded ...... they can be folded flat and mailed via usps normal mail ........ iam trying to figure a reward system ......... maybe for every 15 labels you get a cigar ....... not a ridicuously cheap stick but not an obnoxiously expensive stick ...... i this is something that anyones willing to help out with i'd be very apprecative....... just message here and i can release info via PM.......... thanks guys for any help

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have about 60 bands I have been collecting. They are all unrolled and most of them are in pretty good shape. I am def. willing to to send you all of them if you want them. let me know. Oh, I had a similar idea not too long ago but I don't know anyone that can do that kind of work. make sure you put up a photo or two when its done so we can all enjoy it!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    wow lots of views ..... one response only ...... does everyone keep their labels or what .... just curious .... ejenne87 iam checking to see if i can use them already peeled /seperated apart ....... i didnt forget about your offer.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Sorry, I just pitch em.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah I've not kept many ...sometimes I hang onto them if its a really good new smoke to me so I can remember what it was especially if I was drinking...sorry ...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sent you a PM.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    PM'd
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I keep everyone last one that I smoke... Don't know why, but it's a sentimental thing
  • Ok dumb question, when you say still banded, you mean still the circle?

I usually just unroll them, let me know i'll start saving.

We can meet in delafield you can buy me a stick and a beer!  LOL
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    magicseven:
    Ok dumb question, when you say still banded, you mean still the circle?

I usually just unroll them, let me know i'll start saving.

We can meet in delafield you can buy me a stick and a beer!  LOL
    Magic... are you talking about meeting ME in Delafield?

For I'd be down for that! Shoot me a PM if you want to meet up some time!

P.S. There's allot of Wisconsin-ites on this forum lately.... WELCOME BRETHREN!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I keep everyone last one that I smoke... Don't know why, but it's a sentimental thing
    Same here. I started about 2 months ago, just saving every one. Maybe I knew they would come in handy...?
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    PM sent
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Mailed you out 30 this afternoon. Let me know when they get in!
    Thanks very much T ........ i'll take good care of ya
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I generally toss mine out. Sorry.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the 110(ish) that i sent out should get there today or tomorrow.

i stopped keeping mine when that bag got full. ill have to start a new bag.
    Arrived tody kuzi ....... thanks i'll get a care package out to ya on monday ....... thanks again
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I kept my first dozen or so then said to myself - Self why are you keeping these. Then I pitched them all out.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I think I might have some that I can send. I'll check and shoot you a PM.
    Thanks Ron ...... any help would be greatly appreciated
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I know I'm a little late on this, but I keep all my cigar bands as well. The only thing is that none of them are still glued in the circle. Can you use them this way? If so, let me know and I will throw a bunch in the pack I'm sending you on Monday.
    Yeah i can Tony any help would be greatly appreciated........ thanks
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    No problem, I'll throw some in with that box I'm sending your way Monday.