Home Non Cigar Related

Florida BOTLS or anyone really

So I recently found out that I will be spending my first assignment at Patrick AFB, FL. Not sure what date I will be heading there but it will be sometime after May. I've been doing some research into the local area and looking for places to stay. So basically if anyone has any tips about good areas, etc I'm all ears. Also when I get there maybe we could herf it up a bit.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, misposted.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Nice area. Went to school in Melbourne. I'm no longer there and didn't smoke really at the time I was so I can't help you as far as that goes but I might be able to suggest other good activities in the area if you want/need.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    alienmisprint:
    Sorry, misposted.

Misposted?
    No_one21:
    Nice area. Went to school in Melbourne. I'm no longer there and didn't smoke really at the time I was so I can't help you as far as that goes but I might be able to suggest other good activities in the area if you want/need.

Yea, the biggest thing for me right now will be finding a nice area to live, preferably clean. Won't need schools in the area because my only "children" have four legs and fur. Haha
    I have heard that Melbourne was pretty nice though as well as rockledge.
    I thought most guys assigned there lived on base. Is that not the case?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    dandin1:
    alienmisprint:
    Sorry, misposted.

Misposted?

Yeah, I had a few pages opened in tabs and meant to reply to a different post and replied to this one by accident. But hey, while we are on the topic of BoTLs in Florida, is anyone there anywhere near Naples?
    No_one21:

There are a couple reasons why I am looking into living off base, and it seems that with an abundance of good neighborhoods so close by I will plenty of options. I have a lot of time to think about it, but I figured I would post here to see if any others had any valuable information to share about the area.
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Well I would def love to set up a herf. I'm in Orlando, but as for that area, I got nothin :/
    dandin1:
    No_one21:

There are a couple reasons why I am looking into living off base, and it seems that with an abundance of good neighborhoods so close by I will plenty of options. I have a lot of time to think about it, but I figured I would post here to see if any others had any valuable information to share about the area.
    Cool, sounds good to me. How far are you willing to commute? Most of the apartment complexes/communities around N Wickham road are pretty good from what I saw and I've been in a lot of them. You can get a good sized apartment or house for pretty good prices. Safety and privacy always feels a bit better in the gated or at least harder to get into communities. N Wicham has tons of restaurants, is a good "highway" to activities and such around the area as well as an easy way to get to 95 mostly. If you have more specific questions I could probably help a little (activities, restaurants, local feel of different towns).
    No_one21:
    dandin1:
    No_one21:

Cool, sounds good to me. How far are you willing to commute? Most of the apartment complexes/communities around N Wickham road are pretty good from what I saw and I've been in a lot of them. You can get a good sized apartment or house for pretty good prices. Safety and privacy always feels a bit better in the gated or at least harder to get into communities. N Wicham has tons of restaurants, is a good "highway" to activities and such around the area as well as an easy way to get to 95 mostly. If you have more specific questions I could probably help a little (activities, restaurants, local feel of different towns).

I guess about 30 minutes or less of a commute is what I am looking for. I see lots of houses for sale and rent in the Melbourne, rockledge, and viera areas. Looking at N Wickham on a map I see it runs all the way from Viera down into Melbourne, do you know if most of the subdivisions up and down that road are safe?
    I'll be getting married soon, so I'm definitely looking for a house, and as far as activities go, I'm really into fishing so I assume I'll be good to go. The fianc
    dandin1:
    No_one21:
    dandin1:
    No_one21:

I guess about 30 minutes or less of a commute is what I am looking for. I see lots of houses for sale and rent in the Melbourne, rockledge, and viera areas. Looking at N Wickham on a map I see it runs all the way from Viera down into Melbourne, do you know if most of the subdivisions up and down that road are safe?
    I'll be getting married soon, so I'm definitely looking for a house, and as far as activities go, I'm really into fishing so I assume I'll be good to go. The fianc
    No_one21:
    dandin1:
    No_one21:
    dandin1:
    No_one21:

Feel free to PM me since no one else seems to be responding.