Home Non Cigar Related

Punta Cana trip and Cigar Tours

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
Ok I am going to Punta Cana in June, but have yet to pick a hotel.

Has anyone gone to Punta Cana and if so how was your resort?

We are also looking for other things to do on the trip like "excursions" type of things.

We have a wide range of ages on this trip including 2 youngish 60 year olds, 2 36 year olds, 2 27 year olds, 2 17 year olds, and 2 12 year olds so there needs to be plenty of things to do for a wide range of ages.

Lastly, any suggestions on Cigar Trips while down there?

Comments

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Lastly, any suggestions on Cigar Trips while down there? Yup...please be sure to let me out of your checked baggage please. ;) A trip to somewhere warm would be just lovely. I was done with winter at Christmas time...and it just keeps going...and going..and...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    This is the vacation my wife and I will be taking in 2 years for our 25th anaversery so I'll be watching what you guys come up with. Sounds like a blast!
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Have you thought about renting a house or condo? The last time my wife and I went we used flipkey to get a little house on the beach for a little less than a hotel. Definitely doesn't have quite the amenities of a resort, but way more private. They do have resort properties too so I guess you have a wide range. VRBO is similar, but we had really excellent luck with flipkey. I just wouldn't stay anywhere that wasn't reviewed already.

Have fun, we will all be jealous as heck.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Have you thought about renting a house or condo? The last time my wife and I went we used flipkey to get a little house on the beach for a little less than a hotel. Definitely doesn't have quite the amenities of a resort, but way more private. They do have resort properties too so I guess you have a wide range. VRBO is similar, but we had really excellent luck with flipkey. I just wouldn't stay anywhere that wasn't reviewed already.

we don't want private. we want large resort with lots of things to do and people for our kids to play with and meet......as a family we really don't like each other that much. :)
    update, we are thinking the Hard Rock. Bonus, you can smoke cigars in all open areas including the all pools and swimup bars and in the casnio
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    blutattoo:

we don't want private. we want large resort with lots of things to do and people for our kids to play with and meet......as a family we really don't like each other that much. :)
    ROTFL, yeah besides the wife I'd agree with you there. Brother in law stayed at Excellence Punta Cana and they liked it a lot. Have no idea of the price though.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the hell is punta cano?
    Bigshizza:
    I think the Mariners just signed him.....

Dominican Republic
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Bigshizza:
    I think the Mariners just signed him.....

Dominican Republic
    Bwahahaha nice
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    So jelly...... wish i could go on a trip like that..... wife would never approve!

Aj
  • 11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    brianetz1:

We are also looking for other things to do on the trip like "excursions" type of things.

We have a wide range of ages on this trip including 2 youngish 60 year olds, 2 36 year olds, 2 27 year olds, 2 17 year olds, and 2 12 year olds so there needs to be plenty of things to do for a wide range of ages.

Hey Brian, the wife and I just got back from there. It is a beautiful place. I would recommend the Bahia Grand Principe, big resort with lots always going on. I didn't however get to go to any factories so I can't help you there. Any other questions just ask. Paul
    11rocket11:
    brianetz1:

Hey Brian, the wife and I just got back from there. It is a beautiful place. I would recommend the Bahia Grand Principe, big resort with lots always going on. I didn't however get to go to any factories so I can't help you there. Any other questions just ask. Paul
    thanks for the suggestion....i looked at the resort and it looks beautiful. It wasn't on our radar but it is now