Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

There had been a Movie thread on here and now talks about movie night I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on good stuff to watch on streaming services. I just finished Lilyhammer on netflix which is a great show something like sopranos meets fargo. Just make sure you turn on subtitles. Now I've been watching Under the dome on Prime which is based on the steve king novel. So who else has some recommendations?

Comments

• RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Netflix:
    Supernatural
    White Collar
    Walking Dead
    Breaking Bad
    Tudors
    Decent selection of Anime, mostly Japanese dub
    And lots of other stuff. Netflix is totally worth the 8 or 9 bucks or whatever it is these days.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode of Lillyhammer. I think I may like it. I streamed Breaking Bad with my wife and if you haven't been in to Dexter, I highly recommend both of those. I also liked the first few seasons of Damages. Haven't watched any of the later seasons. I hear good things about House of Cards and it's in my instant queue. My wife liked Orange is the New Black but I thought it was pretty lame.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    What is this Netflix you speak of?

Aj
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Like someone mentioned before Breaking Bad is amazing. For the geeky people (me included) Battlestar Galactica. And muder mystry type stuff Fringe.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Oh man I really Loved orange is the new black. I'm really excited for the next season.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I watched Winds of War based on a someone's recommendation and really enjoyed it. It's a miniseries from 1983 based on events leading up to WW2. Some of the acting is bad, but it was still worth it imo.
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Amazon Prime:

Watching season 7 of NYPD Blue - Sippowicz is the man!

Good free movies on Prime:

Dogtooth, 3,2,1 Frankie Goes Boom, 13 Assassins, Warlords(w Jet Li)
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Oh man I really Loved orange is the new black. I'm really excited for the next season.
    Heck yes!!
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Justified

The League

Sherlock

Endeavour

Louie

We stream Roku/Netflix 90% of the time now... there's a lot out there that I never saw the first time around.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad
    American Horror Story
    Walking Dead
    The Killing
    Wallander
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Breaking Bad
    American Horror Story
    Walking Dead
    The Killing
    Wallander
    +1 on the Killing, I don't remember a show where I guessed the killer and was wrong so many times. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are great as well. Have to include Sons of Anarchy too
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    (Prime, though I'm not sure everything is on there)
    Dr. Who
    Game of thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Sons of anarchy
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    Bigshizza:
    Breaking Bad
    American Horror Story
    Walking Dead
    The Killing
    Wallander
    +1 on the Killing, I don't remember a show where I guessed the killer and was wrong so many times. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are great as well. Have to include Sons of Anarchy too
    hell yes to SOA....I enjoyed weeds as well on Netflix
    Arrested Development
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    My wife is watching the Tudor series... I'm kinda getting sucked in... so that one too!
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    RedRex06:
    My wife is watching the Tudor series... I'm kinda getting sucked in... so that one too!
    Read up on Eddie Izzard, the main character for the Tudors. It'll make the show even more interesting.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I couldn't get past the lame fiance side story BS and all the lady-drama, even though a tampon sandwich is pretty awesome cinema
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    House of Cards is an excellent Netflix series
    Sasquatch:
    House of Cards is an excellent Netflix series
    Oh yeah, can't wait for this to come back.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RedRex06:
    This was one of our Afghanistan lunch shows. Once you get over the horrible CGI, I really liked it. I'm also a nerd and history guy though...so...yeah.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's on streaming services, but a couple shows I'm really digging:
    Revolution (HUGE homage to Stephen King and especially Dark Tower)
    The Following
    Hannibal

I don't watch a whole lot of dramas and when I do I like there to be some mystery in them. Those few are really great right now. If you didn't watch Fringe when it aired, check that out, one of the best shows ever, even though it gets weird toward the end.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Hmm I'll check Revolution. I'm a big fan of The Dark Tower series.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.

Just finished The Sopranos on HBONow. Terrible ending. Was thinking about cancelling it but I'm going to start Boardwalk Empire instead. Also was thinking about watching Game of Thrones again before I cancel. Any other suggestions for HBO programming I need to watch?
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The ending of The Sopranos was epic
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Netflix:  I really enjoyed the SF series "Dark Matter", recommended by @arch72.  I was also watching The Shannara Chronicles, but not as much.  My Wife really likes Schitt's Creek with Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, pretty funny but she's got the week off work and binge watched it so I wasn't able to keep up.

On Amazon Prime:  The Grand Tour is entertaining as the successor to Top Gear, I've been enjoying the Sneaky Pete series quite a bit and Prime has several coffee videos available included with Prime that I wouldn't have paid for but enjoyed watching.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    Carnivale
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just discovered they have the entire x-files series on Netflix. I haven't seen that show in forever
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tudors, The Crown, and Walking Dead. 

Asfor Prime, my wife got me hooked on Downton Abbey.......it was worth binge watching but a little T and A would have helped;)
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa Clarita Diet
    I can't stop laughing
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • glasskenglassken Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Why not make a build on Amazon Fire Stick, or  Box and get everything free--even movies playing at the Theater? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrH4eFCJDg

"I Only Smoke Cubans'"--Bam!!!! "I only punch condescending pri cks!"