Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Game of Football

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Ok, so how about a new game on here---in honor of the Pigskin Season.One post per person, per week to pick the winners of each Pro Football Game that weekend...with the tie breaker being the total points scored on the Monday Night Game.Each persons picks have to be in by 11:59pm the night before the games kickoff (ie this Saurday night, Wedneday night prior to Thanksgiving, ect.).Winner gets a minimum of 4 cigar selection (ship with delivery confirmation)...no rules on the sticks, but of course no Phillies or Black N Mild either. Winner of each week becomes the sender to the winner the next week...and you can play every week you are eligible if you desire.Hope to have some takers on this one...get your picks in and I will have a nice little something out to the winner about this next time week.

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for that
  • You're picking straight up winners no point spread?
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Vulchor:
    Ok, so how about a new game on here---in honor of the Pigskin Season.One post per person, per week to pick the winners of each Pro Football Game that weekend...with the tie breaker being the total points scored on the Monday Night Game.Each persons picks have to be in by 11:59pm the night before the games kickoff (ie this Saurday night, Wedneday night prior to Thanksgiving, ect.).Winner gets a minimum of 4 cigar selection...no rules on the sticks, but of course no Phillies or Black N Mild either. Winner of each week becomes the sender to the winner the next week...and you can play every week you are eligible if you desire.Hope to have some takers on this one...get your picks in and I will have a nice little something out to the winner about this next time week.
    No Puros Indios Viejos either! Even if you won for the week, you would lose to get those in the mail!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Great idea! I'm definitely down for this one. Here's the list of games this weekend:

SUN, SEP 27th
    • Washington at Detroit
    • Green Bay at St. Louis
    • San Francisco at Minnesota
    • Atlanta at New England
    • Tennessee at NY Jets
    • Kansas City at Philadelphia
    • NY Giants at Tampa Bay
    • Cleveland at Baltimore
    • Jacksonville at Houston
    • New Orleans at Buffalo
    • Chicago at Seattle
    • Miami at San Diego
    • Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
    • Denver at Oakland
    • Indianapolis at Arizona
    MON, SEP 28
    Carolina at Dallas
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the games, I was gonna be the guy to make everyone look it up :)No point spread, I like it...but it keeps it a littler easier so anyone who just wants to try can play too. Tie breaker the total money night points scored will decide any craziness. No one picked yet though....ahhhh the decisions....As an aside, same rules for this game as the rest of them----25 posts and good traders list. I can definitely say I will not be sending any Puros Indios-----but as a nice gesture to the first winner of this game, I will GUARANTEE (in Joe Namath style) a package to be happy with.
    Are we suppose to put what the scroes will be? Im confused as to how total MNF score will declare the winner in the event of a tie
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    SUN, SEP 27th
    • Washington at Detroit
    • Green Bay at St. Louis
    • Atlanta at New England
    • Tennessee at NY Jets
    • NY Giants at Tampa Bay
    • Cleveland at Baltimore
    • New Orleans at Buffalo
    • Chicago at Seattle
    • Miami at San Diego
    • Denver at Oakland
    MON, SEP 28
    Carolina at Dallas
    Washington, GB, Minnesota, New England, Tennessee, Philly, NY Giants, Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans, Chicago, Miami, Pitt, Denver, Indianapolis. MNF - Carolina 28, Dallas 21 = 49 total points
    Washington Green Bay Minnesota Atlanta Tennessee Philadelphia New York Giants Baltimore Houston Chicago San Diego Pittsburgh Denver Arizona MNF Dallas (34 - 24)
    Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, NY Jets, Philadelphia, NY Giants, Baltimore, Houston, New Orleans, Chicago, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Indianapolis, Dalls on moday night 34-17
    JZ:
    Washington Green Bay Minnesota Atlanta Tennessee Philadelphia New York Giants Baltimore Houston Chicago San Diego Pittsburgh Denver Arizona MNF Dallas (34 - 24)
    You forgot a game bro ........... New Orleans/Buffalo
    CORRECT POST - THANKS FOR FINDING MY ERROR! Washington, Green Bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Tennessee, Philadelphia, New York Giants, Baltimore, Houston, New Orleans, Chicago, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Denver, Arizona, MNF Dallas (34 - 24)
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Skins, Pack, Vikes, Pats, Jets, Phily, Giants, Ravens, Texans, Saints, Bears, Dolphins, Steelers, Broncos, Colts. Car 23 Dal 20 tot=43
    Glad to see people interested...cant wait to play myself also:)Total score for Monday Night Game will decide a winner if 2 or more people get the same number of games correct. Then closest to the MNF total score would be the winner.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Great idea! I'm definitely down for this one. Here's the list of games this weekend:

SUN, SEP 27th
    • Washington at Detroit
    • Green Bay at St. Louis
    • Atlanta at New England
    • Tennessee at NY Jets
    • NY Giants at Tampa Bay
    • Cleveland at Baltimore
    • New Orleans at Buffalo
    • Chicago at Seattle
    • Miami at San Diego
    • Denver at Oakland
    MON, SEP 28
    Carolina at Dallas
    I don't watch football and have no idea what some of these teams are or can do... I have no idea whether to give scores and what scores to give. So... This will be an experiment of pure chance. I'll just put down "guesses". After all - I have 50% chance in being right for each game!!! Here is my list:

Washington, Green Bay, Minnesotta, New England, Jets, Philly, Giants (only team I root for ;), Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, San Diego, Piitsburg, Denver, Arizona, and Carolina 22 - Dallas 17
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Renaissance_Man:
    TatuajeVI:

SUN, SEP 27th
    • Washington at Detroit
    • Green Bay at St. Louis
    • Atlanta at New England
    • Tennessee at NY Jets
    • NY Giants at Tampa Bay
    • Cleveland at Baltimore
    • New Orleans at Buffalo
    • Chicago at Seattle
    • Miami at San Diego
    • Denver at Oakland
    MON, SEP 28
    Carolina at Dallas
    I don't watch football and have no idea what some of these teams are or can do... I have no idea whether to give scores and what scores to give. So... This will be an experiment of pure chance. I'll just put down "guesses". After all - I have 50% chance in being right for each game!!! Here is my list:

Washington, Green Bay, Minnesotta, New England, Jets, Philly, Giants (only team I root for ;), Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo, Chicago, San Diego, Piitsburg, Denver, Arizona, and Carolina 22 - Dallas 17
    I am in for sure..... Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, New England, Jets, Philly, Giants, Baltimore, Houston, New Orleans, Chicago, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Indianopolis, and.......Dallas 24-Carolina 14

thats actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. Glad I am not picking against the spread.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Wash, GB, Minn, Atl, Tenn, Philly, NYG, Balt, Hou, NO, Chi, SD, Cin, Den, Ariz. Dallas- 24 Car- 20
    Renaissance_Man:
    TatuajeVI:

SUN, SEP 27th
    • Washington at Detroit
    • Green Bay at St. Louis
    • Atlanta at New England
    • Tennessee at NY Jets
    • NY Giants at Tampa Bay
    • Cleveland at Baltimore
    • New Orleans at Buffalo
    • Chicago at Seattle
    • Miami at San Diego
    • Denver at Oakland
    MON, SEP 28
    Carolina at Dallas

LOL. You;ll probably win since we tend to over analyze!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Nobody has picked Seattle yet.
    omg, someone picked Detroit over Washington.
    TatuajeVI:
    Its like Vegas! You always put a little down on the under dog so you can win big. Its the crazy pics that will win some cigars!
    it was me! I picked detroit over washington. They are playing at home. wash has a stuggling coach and unhappy players and the fans booed them at their home game! So I went for the upset. Comeonnnnnnn LIONS!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    Nobody has picked Seattle yet.
    Seattle has been slumping pretty badly the last couple seasons, and Chicago looks as good as the have in years. I am looking for Chicago to really be a suprise this year and get to the Division Camp. game in the plyoffs. They are starting out pretty slowly so far, but GB is always tough for the Bears. I def. see them getting exponentialy better every week for the remainder. Just my opinion/prediction early on in the season.
    Being a Bears an, I soooooooo hope you are right....but being from Chicago, learn from an early age to fear the worst. For anyone who hasnt picked yet, still have until 1159pm Saturday night.
    Vulchor:
    Being a Bears an, I soooooooo hope you are right....but being from Chicago, learn from an early age to fear the worst. For anyone who hasnt picked yet, still have until 1159pm Saturday night.
    I wasn't paying attention to the rules, figured I had until game time Sunday like my FF league, lol. I'll sit this week out and wait till next week.
    TatuajeVI:
    Vulchor:
    I wasn't paying attention to the rules, figured I had until game time Sunday like my FF league, lol. I'll sit this week out and wait till next week.
    D@mn you non-rule listeners!!!! Not to worry, you fit into the "Week 1 of this thread" exception clause....just get your picks in before kickoff and it'll slide....just this one time:)
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Awesome, count me in for the week one clause.

Detroit
    GB
    VIKES
    Patriots
    Titans
    Philly
    Giants
    Ravens
    Texans
    Saints
    Seattle
    Pitt
    San Diego
    Denver
    Indy
    Dallas

Thats right, I picked both seattle and detroit.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    Awesome, count me in for the week one clause.

Detroit
    GB
    VIKES
    Patriots
    Titans
    Philly
    Giants
    Ravens
    Texans
    Saints
    Seattle
    Pitt
    San Diego
    Denver
    Indy
    Dallas

Thats right, I picked both seattle and detroit.
    Forgot to post the score for the Monday game, Goldy! Could be a tie breaker...
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Good catch Ren. Dallas 31 Panthers 17
    Good move picking the Lions....but picking against the mighty Bears will be your downfall Im afraid. Also, just for turds and giggles I figure Ill list my picks on here too, even thouhg I am the sender this week...I figure I can show my great picking ability (HAHAHHAHA, thats why I have lost 10 bucks every week in the work pool for 3 straight years w/o winning a week)Eagles, Detroit, Packers, Vikings, Titans, Patriots, Houston, Giants, Ravens, Bears, Saints, Chargers, Oakland, Steelers, Cardinals, Cowboys----57 points total
    TatuajeVI:
    yeahhhhh!!!!!!! all of you others that picked em are sissy's who just waited for me to jump in the pool ;)