Home Non Cigar Related

Ohio people: Local specialty beer & wine stores /microbreweries & brewpubs?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
I'm from a small town with not much in the way of expansive alcoholic beverage selection...

Could anybody that's been around longer than me or someone more familiar with some of the bigger areas in northern Ohio point me towards any good specialty beer and wine stores or microbreweries or brewpubs?

Bonus points for cigar shops and/or lounges on-site.

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im in akron ohio... the great lakes brews are all good. you can find many all over... as far as shops in NE ohio... PM me and ill tell you where i go.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    kuzi16:
    im in akron ohio... the great lakes brews are all good. you can find many all over... as far as shops in NE ohio... PM me and ill tell you where i go.
    Picked up a 6 pack of Great Lakes Oktoberfest - fantastic! Their Porter, the Elliot Ness, is one of my fav porters. Pretty much everything they make is great.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    kuzi16:
    Picked up a 6 pack of Great Lakes Oktoberfest - fantastic! Their Porter, the Elliot Ness, is one of my fav porters. Pretty much everything they make is great.
    minor correction

Eliot Ness is an Amber Lager.

Edmund Fitzgerald is the Porter.

both are fantastic.

if you ever find yourself down Akron way, tell me. there is a bar down the street where you can get both of them on tap.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lol, I always mix those up. Good call.
    Actually, I'm be driving (kinda) through Akron I think the weekend of Oct 3rd and 4th. Taking a trip down to Gettysburg with my brother-in-law. Planning on smoking a cigar at "the angle." And probably another on Little Round Top. :)