Home Non Cigar Related

technology..

EoLEoL Posts: 182
just need to rant a little.you may ignore hahaha.
So I am a man of technology. Usually when something goes wrong, hardware or software or whatever it may be.... I can 99% of the time figure it out...
I have never had a hard drive failure... until recently. When 2 out of 2 of my hard drives failed and my SSD somehow friggin failed as well. less then 2 years old. My mac is also just about to go out as well. I work a next to minimum wage job and...just... at this moment... technology sucks..
thanks lol.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    man that sucks....I have never seen an SSD hard drive go out.

If you good with tech, have you thought about trying to go into it? It pays MUCH better than next to minimum wage
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    brianetz1:
    man that sucks....I have never seen an SSD hard drive go out.

If you good with tech, have you thought about trying to go into it? It pays MUCH better than next to minimum wage
    I'll 2nd this...I'm pretty sure thats why solid state drives were made. No moving parts = nothing going out.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Were they all in the same machine? The regular hard drives I'd normally say "eh, *** happens" but if the SSD died as well, might be your MB.
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    perkinke:
    Were they all in the same machine? The regular hard drives I'd normally say "eh, *** happens" but if the SSD died as well, might be your MB.
    really shouldnt be my mobo. its brand new. They were all in the same machine. And yeah.. the SSd really surprised me.. Waht I am really hoping is that hte SSD is just slightly corrupt and not bootable. if thats the case, I can wipe it and reinstall windows... If I had a disc and a reader of sorts, lol :P I am ganna need to drop some cash here soon.. so no more cigars for me for a while. lol. Buuut... I lost all my graphics work that I needed for a portfolio for school because my one backup drive that I use... also gave out (was not connected to my mobo. that was just really **** luck)

I have thought bout going into IT and such... but just.., have no "Real" experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    If you need a video card, let me know. don't think I have any spare HD's though.
    i would love one when I get eveyrhing up and going, Thanks for the offer!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    EoL:
    perkinke:
    really shouldnt be my mobo. its brand new. They were all in the same machine. And yeah.. the SSd really surprised me.. Waht I am really hoping is that hte SSD is just slightly corrupt and not bootable. if thats the case, I can wipe it and reinstall windows... If I had a disc and a reader of sorts, lol :P I am ganna need to drop some cash here soon.. so no more cigars for me for a while. lol. Buuut... I lost all my graphics work that I needed for a portfolio for school because my one backup drive that I use... also gave out (was not connected to my mobo. that was just really **** luck)

I have thought bout going into IT and such... but just.., have no "Real" experience.
    Yeah, that's a hell of a coincidence for three HD's to go out at once, not that it can't happen. You might check with the tech department at your school, if they don't have an official program to help students in your predicament, one of the staff/students might be willing to lend a hand. If nothing else they might be willing to extract your school work so you're not totally screwed.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    EoL are the HDDs spinning up at all? I have tons of different programs that we use for data recovery for our students. Obviously the HDD has to power on for that to happen.
    brianetz1:
    EoL are the HDDs spinning up at all? I have tons of different programs that we use for data recovery for our students. Obviously the HDD has to power on for that to happen.
    one has a loud clicking that goes on. I know that one... itd be hard to recover. might try and do a manual switch over (those scare me... I have done it once before. Moving the actual plate with everything over. ) This one is less important. The other one powers on. but makes a very high pitched whining that I know is also not good and often, if it hasnt failed yet, will mean failure soon. I just ordered a Sata to USb adapter to see if these HDDs come up on someone elses computer. If they do, my mobo is bad and I MAY be able to save some data! I am finally less pissed off about the situation and am thinking more rationally. hahah I really do love dealing with all these problems, but when it all happens at once, and to me... no me gusta.
    perkinke:
    Yeah, that's a hell of a coincidence for three HD's to go out at once, not that it can't happen. You might check with the tech department at your school, if they don't have an official program to help students in your predicament, one of the staff/students might be willing to lend a hand. If nothing else they might be willing to extract your school work so you're not totally screwed.
    it is possible. I am seriously banking on something having got corrupt in the SSd cuz I don't wanna lose that one purely for how much it would cost to replace. lol. As for the other HDDs, I am currently out of school, BUUUUT back when I was in school, I came across a problem I couldn't fix, brought it in, they dropped my mac and bent in the corner. Soooo, Never again. ahha :D
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost sounds like a voltage spike.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Almost sounds like a voltage spike.
    tis what I was thinking exactly
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I got lucky once and was able to save a years worth of my photos by making the main drive a slave drive, after installing a new os on a new drive. Buy a cheap hdd to try it with , hopefully you. Can save some of your data.
    Gatta get something I can boot off first
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Yessir, thats why i reccomebded a chesp drive and a new os install as a main drive. If i had an extra i would send it for you
    I meant like a Bootable USB or cd hahaha
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Let me know if you need some recovery software. I have this happen to me years ago and was able to recover 80% of the data even after a the partition was deleted and a new one created. You just have to get he PC to recognize the drive and the software could help.

PM would be the best way to get my attention if you need it.