Home Non Cigar Related

mandibular hygiene

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
The Speckled Bearswatter is a diminutive bird with a delicate temperament and a song which sounds like giggles. One thing which always sends her delicate temperament into a frenzy worthy of her red plumage is ants. She abhors ants. Shrieks when she sees one.

I like to brush my teeth in the shower; so there's a tube of toothpaste in there. This Winter, two or three ants are foraging on that toothpaste at any given moment. I suppose mandibular hygiene is important to them. So long as they don't tote off the water pick I'm fine with it, but Bearswatter is not. It's been too frickin cold for them to be coming from outside. We figure they must be living in the walls. We need a poison they will tote back to their nest in the wall. Who among us is an accomplished ant killer, who can advise me what to use? These are the wee small variety of ant.

... and, yes, I already thought of poisoning the toothpaste, thank you.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    use a 50/50 mix of powered sugar and borax in the area of where they might have an enterance.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I use toro ant killer. Either that or I find the opening they are coming from and use Palmolive dish soap. Make a puddle at their opening to your house and in a day they should be gone. :) the soap dissolves their scent trail and they get confused and lost. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I use toro ant killer. Either that or I find the opening they are coming from and use Palmolive dish soap. Make a puddle at their opening to your house and in a day they should be gone. :) the soap dissolves their scent trail and they get confused and lost. :)
    Sad picture in my head of hundreds of dazed, but very clean, little ants wandering around aimlessly, unable to find their front doors. Quick! Somebody call Sarah McLachlan...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I hunt them down and kill them with a very small crossbow.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Les Stroud would eat them and call em protein.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I used a spray around the foundation of my house and it even took care of the little asshats that had to already be in my house. Picked it up at Home Depot, I'll try and remember the name.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Sad picture in my head of hundreds of dazed, but very clean, little ants wandering around aimlessly, unable to find their front doors. Quick! Somebody call Sarah McLachlan...

My wife and i just laughed our butts off!!!!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Puff_Dougie:
    LiquidChaos66:

My wife and i just laughed our butts off!!!!
    Haha! Glad I could help.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terro ant killer.
    I use the liquid one you place on a piece of cardboard.
    Usually takes less than 5 days to make them completely disappear.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    I hunt them down and kill them with a very small crossbow.
    lol. Thats funny!