Home General Discussion

What Stick For International Cigar Day?

So So So Many............... What Stick will you have to celebrate this wonderful day? I will have my Obvious... which one... i dunno... but one of thems.

How about you guys? Whats your stick of choice for such a gloryous day?Toss out some suggestions... I might change my mind!

Aj

Comments

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    newb question but whats the date on this?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Most special occasions I'll go aged opus or aged padron
    Money can't buy taste
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Had no idea there was such a day, but being new I'll probably being trying something new. Not sure why, but I've really wanted to try the Alec Bradley Prensado in my humidor. Maybe I'll save it.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    newb question but whats the date on this?
    I had to Google it myself, but it's March 31.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    something delicious. I'm thinking Nica Libre
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I have a few ISOM's I've been staring at. Sounds perfect to me!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    plume?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    plume?
    good ol spotchy plume. oh yes~
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    plume?
    only if it's furry
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    plume?
    only if it's furry
    I heard plume on the foot is money
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I never really plan on smoking any particular cigar, I just open the humidor and something calls out to me... But, for this occasion I will go with a "New to Me" cigar.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, mark your calendars for May 31: The WHO's "No Tobacco Day"
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Gray4lines:
    The Who's WHAT ! I won't celebrate such a pagan holiday.
    You should clarify that WHO is World Health Organization, not the Rock Band.. We Won't Get Fooled Again. !!
    kaspera79:
    You should clarify that WHO is World Health Organization, not the Rock Band.. We Won't Be Fooled Again. !!
    hahah. that silly tony. <3 *hugz*
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even no such a day existed,but now that I know I will celebrate it!! Currently only sitting on one isom I picked up on vaca last year sounds like the perfect day to light it up!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    I may smoke an extra one on this day
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    You should clarify that WHO is World Health Organization, not the Rock Band.. We Won't Get Fooled Again. !!
    Lololol! Will do
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Gray4lines:
    kaspera79:
    Lololol! Will do
    Funny thing… I work doing recording audio for training for pharma companies and the World Health Organization was ALWAYS pronounced as the W-H-O until recently. Many now prefer calling it "Who". I asked one 20-something client if they were concerned about the association/confusion with the rock band and I got a blank stare. I guess she doesn't listen to oldies, lol!

Back on topic… I hope to smoke a L'Atelier LAT54 or 56 if I can. If not, maybe I'll see if one of my La Aurora 2003 puros salomon has improved since last years failed attempt.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I didnt know this was a day either! totally heard about it from a completly non-smoker person. it was weird. But they asked if they could have one for the holiday. I about *** my pants. From tobacco **** to smoking Cigars.... I think im a bad influence on people. Such a wonderful obsession to spread like a virus.

But Im thinking Kristoff Criollo. Just my fav

Aj
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Indeed. And I will be celebrating that pagan holiday. By smoking a very special cigar.
    WaltBasil:
    kaspera79:
    Indeed. And I will be celebrating that pagan holiday. By smoking a very special cigar.
    where ya been sexy?

Aj
    NATIONAL CIGAR DAY IS TOMORROW! Break out the stick boys! A.j.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    WaltBasil:
    kaspera79:
    where ya been sexy?

Aj
    Oh.... you know... off being sexy. And doing sexy-like things.

Been really busy at work, so not much time to get on here and play during the day. Did more landscaping in the back yard. Put some deck 4X4s around the shrubs and filled with red lava rock on both sides of the back yard. I'll text ya a pic. ended up pounding in 30 rebar size nails with a sledge hammer with a 9 inch handle (I checked... yup... 9 inches). Which is comfortable you know... to hold with both hands and all... but hammering in 30 of those nails through the wood into the ground... holy cow. Fractured my wrist and pulled that tendon loose from the bone. Painful. Got a brace on now. But the yard looks great! I have to remember I aint no spring chicken anymore... and lose that old army mentality of sucking it up and driving on. Complete the mission without regard for the pain. I knew I should've stopped half way through.
    HAPPY NATIONAL CIGAR DAY!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Had an ave Maria reconquista with a year on it, great stick! Had a nice pic too, but photobucket is bein a pita!
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    HAPPY NATIONAL CIGAR DAY!
    I thought it was march 31
    thats international... national is today... lmao I just love an excuse to enjoy a premipremiprems cigar!

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will smoke a ARTURO FUENTE Chateau Fuente Royal Salute.....Every time I walk by the box I drool a little. I think they should be rested by then, the rest will sleep a lot longer. Thanks again Rick..RCY.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    thats international... national is today... lmao I just love an excuse to enjoy a premipremiprems cigar!

Aj

National is today you say...? One of RCY's gifted Fuentes has just been nominated for an earlier then planned lighting ceremony.

The Irish or the Scotch...ah the decisions we are forced to make.