Home Non Cigar Related

Silly ironic situations -

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Here is mine for the day....

Im typing up a letter to go along with my speeding ticket to the circuit court... while watching Top Gear.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    I don't have anything that happened today, but I do have one related to cars.

A few years ago, I got rear ended on the same day I received a safe driver discount. :|
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    TwoThingism:

A few years ago, I got rear ended on the same day I received a safe driver discount. :|
    That's pretty funny... Did they take back your discount ?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once got cited for not having chains on in a snow zone when I went up to fix the snow plow that was broken in the middle of the pass.
    Luckily, the judge threw it out, as my truck is exempt from that particular law.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I had to go to court with my ex (and where I got full custody if the kids and she was found in contempt on three counts) was on.....St Valentine's Day
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting stuck in a traffic jam when you're already late.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Last time I had to go to court with my ex (and where I got full custody if the kids and she was found in contempt on three counts) was on.....St Valentine's Day
    Bwahahahaha!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    It does NOT get any better than that!

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    jgibv:
    A no smoking sign, on your cigarette break?
    New Boots:
    jgibv:
    Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!
    I don't think I have your addy - please PM it to me.

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had a picture, but when peering into the fridge I saw that the wife had bought one of those rolled up Pillsbury dough tubes with the title:

Pillsbury Artisanal Pizza Crust

Hmmmm...might this in any way be related to the Pillsbury Gourmand Crescent Rolls? Should I top this with Kraft Artisanal Cheezewiz?

You think the 22-year old marketing guys at these companies laugh their a***s off when come up with names like this, or do they truly think their target audiences are morons? Probably both.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    kaspera79:
    TwoThingism:

That's pretty funny... Did they take back your discount ?

No but I had to wait a while to get another discount.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Echambers:

. Karma... nuff said.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    jgibv:
    the only thing ironic about that entire song is that nothing in that song is ironic at all. its just a list of things that suck

now, if that was the goal of the song then good job.

if she actually believes that those things are ironic, she better head back to high school english class.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    New Boots:
    jgibv:
    the only thing ironic about that entire song is that nothing in that song is ironic at all. its just a list of things that suck

if she actually believes that those things are ironic, she better head back to high school english class.
    +100. Wait can we still plus or is that a no-no now?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    kuzi16:
    New Boots:
    jgibv:

LOL - so true. She is Canadian though, maybe they have a different idea of irony in the great white north.
    Echambers:
    +100. Wait can we still plus or is that a no-no now?
    +++++++++++
    ;-)