Home Non Cigar Related

Cucumber Falls @ Ohiopyle State Park (Pic Heavy)

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Such a beautiful sunny day, we took a quick trip to check out the falls before they completely thawed. What a stunning place! Glad we went!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    What a nice place, Thanks for sharing Doug!!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great spot. Gotta catch that Falling Waters house too.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Great spot. Gotta catch that Falling Waters house too.

Cool place. Went there when I was in high school, but need to get back and see it again. Nice thing is it's less than an hour from my house.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. Very nice pics. Wish we had a nice waterfall close to here.
    Dang! I am so sore this morning after hiking up and down those icy trails. Slipped and fell hard a few times. These old bones aren't as resilient as they used to be! Still, the view was worth it.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics, very cool. getting old is a beeeaaach.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a cucumber falls at Ohiopyle State Park and there's no one around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Never mind, just my wierd sense of humor coming to the fore......
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    How OHIOphyle is in PA, I'll never understand.

Looks like a good time brother...glad you folks got out and enjoyed yourselves.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing pictures! Thanks for posting.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    New Boots:

According to Wikipedia...

"Ohiopyle" is derived from the Lenape indian phrase ahi opih?le which means 'it turns very white', referring to the frothy waterfalls.

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    New Boots:

According to Wikipedia...

"Ohiopyle" is derived from the Lenape indian phrase ahi opih?le which means 'it turns very white', referring to the frothy waterfalls.

Guess that makes sense!
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Great pics!!… Hoping to camp there… maybe this year??
    PAtoNH:
    Great pics!!… Hoping to camp there… maybe this year??
    Dude! Let me know when you do. It's less than an hour from my house. Would be a shame to be that close and not herf!!
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Will do Puff Dougie! Ohiopyle & Falling Water were on our motobike trip list but with the new pup it'll be a camp trip list.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I half expected some reference to Rocky and Bullwinkle. Cucumber Falls....really....did you make that up..?
    jd50ae:
    I half expected some reference to Rocky and Bullwinkle. Cucumber Falls....really....did you make that up..?
    LOL! Nope! It's the actual name of the falls in Ohiopyle, PA.