Home General Discussion

This video was rather interesting.

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
It was hard to watch but very interesting. (Can someone pls help with the video link thing? Thanks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMA8cGXOWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    once i wiped away the tears it was pretty neat.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    It was hard to watch but very interesting. (Can someone pls help with the video link thing? Thanks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMA8cGXOWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really fascinating! What's up with the padron?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen stems like that in Alec Bradley stuff, but can't imagine that is something that they would allow on the Padron stuff. Very interesting.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    This was the most disturbing thing I've seen on the internet. I only hold solace that I think the Padron was a counterfeit. Nope not listening. it was fake. lalalalalala
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Why would you do that to me, this early in the morning?!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a badly damaged Padron 64. I'm going to try this tonight.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    The 64 anny; I was like, "ouch". Then he pulled out the Opus! "Go big or go home," was right.

Who is this guy, I've heard that voice before. Probably seen his vids before.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel:
    New Boots:
    The 64 anny; I was like, "ouch". Then he pulled out the Opus! "Go big or go home," was right.

His name is Bryan. He has a YouTube channel called cigarobsession. He's actually a member here. Kaelaria
    danielzreyes:
    Martel:
    New Boots:

His name is Bryan. He has a YouTube channel called cigarobsession. He's actually a member here. Kaelaria
    Yeah, I clicked the channel and saw his face. I've seen a couple vids before, but when I just heard the disembodied voice, it reminded me of someone else and I can't pin it down...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    hard to watch..... but almost enraging! if I had a cigar like that with a stem in it, id toss a fit!

Aj
    danielzreyes:
    I have a badly damaged Padron 64. I'm going to try this tonight.
    photo 57439F41-orig.jpg
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I don't care if Padron has stems in it. Those stems seem to smoke great in a Padron.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (EDIT: Deleted useless picture not adding to the discussion)

Interesting video --- curious to see if you get similar results DZR. These are hand made cigars after all, errors are bound to occur, even if rarely. Aren't all padron's numbered, shouldn't they be able to track this back to the specific roller?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    near the end of the video he says "i dont know anyone who has been to the padron factory..."
    i have
    however, they never let us close enough to the rollers to see the leaves that they are using to roll. Padron was strange about who they let in and strange about how close you could get.
    every other factory i went into they let you walk right up to the rollers and check it out. i can speak if padron has this as an "ok" practice or not.

however, i am not a huge pardron fan. i have smoked almost every cigar they put out and i have not been impressed. i didnt find this shocking at all. i wouldent have guessed that this stick issue was the case but now that i have seen it, i am not surprised.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Aren't all padron's numbered, shouldn't they be able to track this back to the specific roller?
    they are numbered.
    but i dont know if padron cares.
    they sell cigars and very few people have issues with them. (im one of the few) if that is the case and this is an accepted practice then it wont matter and they wont (and shoulndt) change.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Here is a great forum thread on the issue of stems and "short filler" In DE Ligas. The concern was answered very well by Steve Saka of Drew Estates.

I dont know enough to form an opionion, but kudos to Steve for an incredibly in depth answer

Inside a Liga

kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    Aren't all padron's numbered, shouldn't they be able to track this back to the specific roller?
    they are numbered.
    but i dont know if padron cares.
    they sell cigars and very few people have issues with them. (im one of the few) if that is the case and this is an accepted practice then it wont matter and they wont (and shoulndt) change.
    I'm not sure I "have issues" with Padron, but I won't blindly accept that Padron=Perfect Cigar. I've never noticed a stem in a Padron, but I've had some burn issues on occasion. Could be related. Usually like the flavors okay, but on occasion something's off. Could be related to a stem. Not sure. I've just never noticed a stem. Maybe Padron has a "stem guide" as to what they think is acceptable or not? IDK, but if you like 'em, smoke 'em. I've liked them well enough.

jgibv:

Interesting video --- curious to see if you get similar results DZR. These are hand made cigars after all, errors are bound to occur, even if rarely. Aren't all padron's numbered, shouldn't they be able to track this back to the specific roller?
    I probably won't do a vid but I'll post pics.
    danielzreyes:
    jgibv:

I probably won't do a vid but I'll post pics.
    bump.