Home General Discussion

Wrapped too tight?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
So... I have been accused on occasion of the opposite, but I wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Pulled a Diesel out of the humi last weekend and when I tried to take it out of the cello, it was so tight I could not get it to move. Ended up damaging the stick beyond repair and I had to throw it away. Has this happened to anyone else?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I remember. Next time start a tear in the cello and peel it open like a banana.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Sounds to wet. Or at least to wet at some time. Was the cello a little tacky or have the feeling of mineral deposits on it? I only ask because a liquor store by my work has a humidor that the humidity is all over the place has this issue.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    So... I have been accused on occasion of the opposite, but I wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Pulled a Diesel out of the humi last weekend and when I tried to take it out of the cello, it was so tight I could not get it to move. Ended up damaging the stick beyond repair and I had to throw it away. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Sounds like it may have been swollen. Or engorged.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Happened to me once...and I think it may have been excess glue from the band/wrapper, but it really just seemed like the cello was way too tight. I'm not sure if it's a humidity issue or what, but it has happened to me. It's disappointing.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Not in cello, but once I had a cigar in an aluminum tube that was so tight I ended up tearing the wrapper off, Can't remember if it was an Avo or a Griffin, That was disappointing.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Sounds like it may have been swollen. Or engorged.
    You just couldn't resist, could'ya, Walt?? ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    curtiscr79:
    Sounds to wet. Or at least to wet at some time. Was the cello a little tacky or have the feeling of mineral deposits on it? I only ask because a liquor store by my work has a humidor that the humidity is all over the place has this issue.
    The cello was perfectly dry... just form-fitted to the cigar, it seemed. It was a shame to have to throw that diesel in the trash... I had been looking forward to trying it.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    curtiscr79:
    The cello was perfectly dry... just form-fitted to the cigar, it seemed. It was a shame to have to throw that diesel in the trash... I had been looking forward to trying it.
    should have piped it up man! Thats what I do with messed up cigars.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Puff_Dougie:
    curtiscr79:
    should have piped it up man! Thats what I do with messed up cigars.

Aj
    Awww man!!! I should have!!! Doh!