Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thought it would be cool to share what stuff we are all picking up at your local store or online.

Today I received:
20ct Cigar Band mosaic humidor
4oz jar of Humi-Care crystals
5-pack Indian Tobac Super Fuerte Robusto
1-Indian Tobac Super Fuerte Robusto Maduro
1-Rocky Patel Connecticut Torpedo
1-Oliva Serie ’G’ Toro
1-Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill
1-Gurkha Park Avenue Torpedo
1-Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826 Glorioso
1-5 Vegas Classic Torpedo
1-La Herencia Cubana Toro
1-San Cristobal Guajiro
1-CAO 'VR' Full Fathom Five
1-La Flor de Cano Selectos
1-Tatiana Mocha Stabona

Comments

• Yesterday I went to the B&M with my girlfriend and picked up a Cain habano toro and a Camacho SLR maduro
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked out a new B&M today and I almost bought a Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition Cigar for $25. Would love to get the humidor box they are in.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to grab a couple of today's deal. I love the Oliva "O".
  • Went to a B&m yesterday, picked up a Joya Cubana and a Macanudo 1968.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Went to the local B&M and got some 8-5-8's and Camacho triple maduros. I noticed that they had Cains in stock as well, but didn't get any this trip.
  • Went to the B&M on sunday and grabbed 3 opus, 1 tat serie p, 1 tat red and 2 tropical corojos ??? idk but they were cheap the guy said they were long filler so I wanted to try em.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    got my weekend blitz in today, intensos...mmmmm
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    just bought a box of gurkha black dragon tubos... for an ungodly low price...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    just bought a box of gurkha black dragon tubos... for an ungodly low price...
    ''Ungodly low price'' sounds good to me... Where, when, how, how much???? Feel free to pm me - I way dig the black dragons..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I picked up some of black dragons as well!
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Got an order containg a fiver of the Nica Libre, three fivers of some Man 'O War Torp's. and a couple mezo's of some Puros Indios Torp's.
    I know there are some BOTL here who don't really like these, but I really enjoy them.
    Still waiting on my Intenso's from the weekend blitz but I'm well stocked in them already ;)
  • Went the B&M yesterday and picked up two RyJ Reserva Real robusto's, two Montecristo Vintage 99 No. 3 (corona's), and a perdomo habano corojo. Being the neighborly gentleman I am, I decided to share a RyJ and Montecristo with Fourtotheflush.

Also have a real goodie bag on the way, but I'll hold out on posting that till I receive it Thursday. Not because I want to, but I forgot what all was in the package!
  • cholmes8310:
    Went the B&M yesterday and picked up two RyJ Reserva Real robusto's, two Montecristo Vintage 99 No. 3 (corona's), and a perdomo habano corojo. Being the neighborly gentleman I am, I decided to share a RyJ and Montecristo with Fourtotheflush.

Also have a real goodie bag on the way, but I'll hold out on posting that till I receive it Thursday. Not because I want to, but I forgot what all was in the package!
    How are the perdomo habanos? I've always wanted to try them but I hear mixed reviews.
  • T. Gervais:
    cholmes8310:
    Went the B&M yesterday and picked up two RyJ Reserva Real robusto's, two Montecristo Vintage 99 No. 3 (corona's), and a perdomo habano corojo. Being the neighborly gentleman I am, I decided to share a RyJ and Montecristo with Fourtotheflush.

How are the perdomo habanos? I've always wanted to try them but I hear mixed reviews.
    I like them. Every one I've had has been consistent, and good. I generally let them rest about three months in the humi to take the rough edge off. The first I ever had was good, but very peppery. With age, the pepper kind of dies down, and its a good medium-full smoke. Lots of expresso, leather, and pepper. It definitely has a kick to it over the first third.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    T. Gervais:
    I really liked the Connecticut wrapped one, mild-medium and full flavored and creamy. I didn't much care for the maduro.
  • Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    Today i recieved a box of 5 vegas golds for my wedding party this weekend along with the oliva 5'er at checkout along with a humicare hygrometer and some humi-gel. In the next day or 2 im expecting 10 of the gurkha regents from the daily deal as well.
  • Today I received 10 Gurkha Regents for $22 from CBid!
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Got a 5 er of Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warriors for $11.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Fun thread! I received my Weekend Blitz yesterday of the Intensos - haven't had any yet, so I'm pumped! Also received a "mystery mooch" package from rad1964 on Monday. Today I got a full pound of heartfelt beads for the coolidor - set them up this evening and we'll see how they work out! And I picked up 4 Nubs from my B&M for the weekend man trip to Gettysburg. Busy week for the mail man!
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    perdomo habanose are delicious, i absolutely love the maduro version it is a great smoke. the habano is great as well very nutty, i cant complain with either of them. Have not had the connecticut yet
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I picked up an Oliva Cain maduro, a La Aurora 100 Anos, a CAO La Traviata, and a Padron Palmas. I wanted more but the Pepin event is coming up in two weeks. Too much money will be spent that day.....lmao
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:

I know!! I was shocked! Very humbled by your generosity! Thank you! This is what I got in! I am going to smoke the RyJ in Atlantic City this weekend!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    T. Gervais:
    cholmes8310:

I like them. Every one I've had has been consistent, and good. I generally let them rest about three months in the humi to take the rough edge off. The first I ever had was good, but very peppery. With age, the pepper kind of dies down, and its a good medium-full smoke. Lots of expresso, leather, and pepper. It definitely has a kick to it over the first third.

Ive only had 1 and it was a peppery powerhouse! Almost put it down, but decided to tough it out and go back to work looped!

Yesterday I got an ashtray from Camel. I do not smoke cigarettes and have no idea why they sent me one out of the blue. Of course it is too small for my purposes.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cholmes8310:

So, got that second package in. In it were the following:
    2 Oliva MB III
    RP Decade
    Alex Bradley Tempus
    Padilla Miami
    Don Pepin Cuban Classic
    Perdomo Habano Corojo
    Perdomo Habano Maduro
    Perdomo ESV '91
    Perdomo 10th Champagne
    Perdomo Lot 23
    Oliva Conneticut
    Oliva O Habano
    Oliva O Maduro
    Oliva G Maduro

It was a good Thursday
    Nice! That would have made my day for sure.
  • I got my 5 pack of MOW Ruinations in the mail today from that controversial daily deal last week. I haven't had any of these yet but from what I hear, they should knock my socks off.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I made my first BIG order on thursday. I got a couple Opus X, some Preferido Emeralds, CAO Golds, a couple boxes of stuff by Oliva including the new Cain Habanos, oh and I got a couple 5 Vegas CS II that I have been wanting to try for a while. I got a few other things but I can't remember them. I am super excited to get this order!!
  • Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    a few days ago i recieved 10 gurhka regents from the daily deal and friday at a local b&m i picked up 2 arturo fuente's and a cao brazilia (Amazon) that stick is a monster! At my wedding saturday i recieved a cohiba as a gift that is supposed to be the "real deal" if you know what i mean.