Home Non Cigar Related

a close call

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! How does someone film something like that?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sixteen parts patience plus one part talent.

Plus sixteen parts more patience.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Sixteen parts patience plus one part talent.

Plus sixteen parts more patience.
    Yes, lots of patience indeed...
    And a very very nice camera.....

Think filming something like this takes a long time....look at what the Planet Earth crew went through to film the snow leopard ... http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/planet-earth/videos/elusive-snow-leopard.htm

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:

They were all actors. Editing and special effects.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    jd50ae:
    Amos Umwhat:

Don't forget the CGI
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    jd50ae:
    Amos Umwhat:

Don't forget the CGI
    Agreed. It's all editing of separate shots of vermin and predator edited together with some CGI of the actual "chase." A more modern version of the old Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom thing when they'd push the "unsuspecting antelope" out of a truck fifty away from the pack of lions.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    I choose to believe it was a magical time of hidden cameras, expert videography shenanigans, and perhaps Alvin doing a side job.