Home General Discussion
Options

One good news to share

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
After serving five plus years in Nicaragua, our next assignment came. We are going to Thailand- the Land of Smile. I am so excited. I lived there before, speak the language and love the country. however, at the same time I am very sad to leave Nicaragua. I think I will leave a piece of my heart here. Nicaragua gave me so much and I will miss the vibrant cigar culture and my cigar friends here. sometime I wonder where is the end of my journey? Anyway the good part is- Bangkok is a very cosmopolitan business city and I will have permanent access of CCs-:)

Comments

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Congrats Rip! Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you well on your next adventure!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That's excellent. I loved my trip to SE Asia, beautiful land and people.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to one beautiful place to another.
    One place I've always wanted to go is the White Temple in Chiang Mai.

Here is a picture of it.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bombay, Jake and Kevin for your well wish. Tony you can always visit me. I will take you there. I mean it. This is going to be an exciting assignment. Asia is number one priority for the US Government for business and strategic political reason. Do you know USG is shifting our 60% naval power in Asia to rebalance the military strength. This is not a classified information. More and more Asian countries are willing to buy F35. We are refocusing our defense pact with Philippines, Singapore, Australia and most importantly our long term ally Japan.

The global focus is into Asia now. I believe the work will be exciting at the same time rewarding. Kevin you are right- South and South-East people are very nice and the region is exotic with natural beauty, culture, art and food.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Sounds really fun. Another good thing is all of the guay tiew you'll get to eat! That stuff is heavenly. I can only imagine how great it'll be over there.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I'd love to go there as well as Vietnam and Cambodia. Good luck on your new adventure I hope your wife and children are excited for the move!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    very nice! Congrats Rip!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Rip,
    -your new assignment sounds so very exciting and the fact that you already appear to be very comfortable there is a HUGE bonus
    -sad part is you will be leaving Nicaragua BEFORE i can come for a visit ;)
    -sure that i speak for most of the botl's here when i say that i am saddened to have missed that opportunity to herf with you there...that would be a very cool story

-happy for you!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Rip! Hope you enjoy your time in Thailand. I'd love to go some day.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    My brother in law loved Thailand in his Navy days. He says the food is amazing and the people are friendly and generous. It's great to be able to travel and experience new cultures, I wish I had a bit more of that. Good luck on your next adventure.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Rip and good luck on your journey. I will miss all the beautiful pictures of your yard :)
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Congratulations on the next chapter in your journey.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool rip!! Good luck!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful people with a wonderful culture. Congrats to you and your family on your new assignment.