Home General Discussion

This is about as close to perfect as I've found in recent memory.

No pictures, but I'll paint one for you folks.

This afternoon is a bright and sunny 69 degrees here in Denver. I'm out on my balcony with my wife (and a book) and kiddo (with his Little People and my hotwheels) listening to Pandora's Frank Sinatra radio. I'm reading Chapter 52 of my textbook concerning post-WW2 America. In the arm of my terribly uncomfortable lawn chair is a nice cold Heffeweissen from a local Colorado brewery, and on top of a jackstand used to prop open the door is sitting a 3/4 smoked Ramon Allones Habana supplied me by a newfound but excellent friend from the range yesterday.

Now, I'd give anything to have this taking place in Northeastern Oklahoma on my dad's deck, but just doing the schoolwork keeps me focused, knowing that in 8 months time, I may very well be in Norman, OK at the University of Oklahoma.

On a side note, I just ashed myself. There's still a bit of wind, unfortunately. Here's to hoping everyone else has an excellent Saturday.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a wonderful afternoon, Kevin!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the painted picture you just gave me , Thankyou!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jelly man! Sounds great!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    And your welcome brother!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Are you the new found friend?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    firetruckguy:
    Are you the new found friend?
    He has mad pistol skills.
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Thanks :D I enjoyed sharing my firearms with you folks, and of course that cigar. Tasty!