Home Non Cigar Related

I gotta brag just a bit!

StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
A few of you that V-herf know that I'm one of the coaches for our county's 4H Shooting Team. Today was the district match. The kids did an outstanding job and I'm super proud of them!!!

The juniors took 1st and 2nd place today as well as in the postal league. We also had the two high shooters in this age group.

The intermediates took 2nd in todays match and the postal league with the all around high shooter, and the seniors placed 3rd today which qualifies them for the state match.

We got up at 4am, 2.5 hour trip, finished up around 5pm and headed home...a long but great day!!! Thanks for listening!
Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Comments

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and the team! Sounds like it was an exciting day.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    That is a really great thing! Be proud!
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Nice work coach.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job, coach!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! But I have to ask, and I have never done any competitive shooting so this may be just ignorance, but there's a "postal" league??? Please explain. :)
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Congrats, very impressive!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Very cool! But I have to ask, and I have never done any competitive shooting so this may be just ignorance, but there's a "postal" league??? Please explain. :)
    It is done thru the mail, hence the term "Postal League". Participants are signed up, targets are assigned and mailed to the coaches, a date is chosen to shoot those targets, the shot targets are then sent in to be scored, and in our case the results are announced at the district match. It is done on an honor system.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    perkinke:
    It is done thru the mail, hence the term "Postal League". Participants are signed up, targets are assigned and mailed to the coaches, a date is chosen to shoot those targets, the shot targets are then sent in to be scored, and in our case the results are announced at the district match. It is done on an honor system.
    Was one of the targets a rattler? Do you even diamondback bro?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome man. Congrats to them and you. What are they shooting?
    One God, One Truth
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! Congrats to you and the kids.

roland_7707:
    Thats awesome man. Congrats to them and you. What are they shooting?
    They use .22 caliber single shot target rifles with peep sights.
    Bigshizza:
    Stubble:
    perkinke:
    Was one of the targets a rattler? Do you even diamondback bro?
    It gets interesting enough at times without adding venomous worms!!!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done Stubble.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. You must be proud of them.
    Extremely proud of them!! Thanks for all the kind words...they worked very hard this year!!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Great job, you should brag. Your setting a good example for the kids and keeping them from trouble. I knew I grew up when I started shooting and learning woodsmenship .
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coaching. You must be proud of the kids.