Home Ratings & Reviews

Favorite Cigar Company

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Yeah, I know, another name your favorite "something". When we talk about favorites cigars, we usually talk about particular brands or even blenders, but I don't remember ever talking about the companies as a whole. It got me thinking, which company would I pick if I could only smoke cigars from one company? Obviously, some of the smaller companies may only have one or two brands within it, but there are several bigger ones like General, Altadis, Habanos, etc. Suppose you only had one B&M near you and they only stocked one company's cigars. Which would you hope it was??? For me, I would probably have to go with Oettinger Davidoff. They can fill a humidor with high end stuff like Davidoff and Zino Platinum while also satisfying the normally priced wants with Camacho, Room101, AVO, Zino and Cusano. I think I would be happy selecting from that spread on a daily basis.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a tough decision between Torano and 5 Vegas. Probably Torano, as I feel they are a little more refined than 5 Vegas. Charlie
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to say DPG. I enjoy a lot of other brands and love to try new cigars, but if I had to choose only 1 that would be it. They provide a good selection at a good price point, and I enjoy pretty much everything in their line.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, like choosing a wife, no wait they choose you. Fuente's, Garcia's or AJ's? Don't know the companies but could settle for one of them.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Easy for me.... Kristoff.

Like em that much. just wish they werent stupid priced.

Aj
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fuente without a doubt.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Father/DPG. Does that include Tats?? If so thats a bonus! I really enjoy all of the DPG lines. Centurion, blue label, cuban classic, my father, jaime garcia, the san cristobals especially the elegancia.

On the other hand, if it had to be one succinct brand with no overlapping product lines itd have to be padron. I could "learn" to smoke those everyday and love it!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at this time I would have to go Oliva.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tie between MF and Fuente...lots of good stuff for everyone
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron and viaje right now
    Money can't buy taste
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    For me, I would probably have to go with Oettinger Davidoff. They can fill a humidor with high end stuff like Davidoff and Zino Platinum while also satisfying the normally priced wants with Camacho, Room101, AVO, Zino and Cusano.
    all of those brands minus cusano are what i seem to seek out. love that company.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    SleevePlz:
    For me, I would probably have to go with Oettinger Davidoff. They can fill a humidor with high end stuff like Davidoff and Zino Platinum while also satisfying the normally priced wants with Camacho, Room101, AVO, Zino and Cusano.
    all of those brands minus cusano are what i seem to seek out. love that company.
    hahaha yup cusano is pretty bad! Always wondered why they keep that line but castorate camachos
    Money can't buy taste
  • sp33d3ysp33d3y Posts: 17
    Camacho, hands down.

Or anything Christian Eiroa has had his hand in. Call it bandwagon if you must, but I've been hooked ever since I've tried my first Camacho Connecticut and started researching the company and exploring. If all other companies went under but his, I'd have no gripes.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew Estate!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This is tough... Davidoff/Avo honestly. Although at the rate he is going, Regius may overtake them soon. Wait till you try his maduro, holy ***...
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MF all day long...just sayin
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Who?
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Probably DPG.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Who?
    This guy!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If I had to pick, I'd pick AJF. MF, Quesada, and Davidoff are very close though.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kuzi16:
    SleevePlz:
    hahaha yup cusano is pretty bad! Always wondered why they keep that line but castorate camachos
    I really like the connie, lol!
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje or Oliva both of them have the whole spectrum mild-full covered with excellent smokes.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Ever since I tried the Domaine, I have been liking AVO less and less. PADRON > other cigars.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now Kristoff and AF. I know this will change as I explore the world of cigars.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    This is a really hard one.. Probably Oliva, and then it's a toss up between the rest..
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like you had to ask. Viaje!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torano (surprise), Camacho, Fuente
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Cuban: San Cristobal de La Habana, Montecristo, Partagas, Cohiba & RyJ.

Non Cuban: Padron, Davidoff, Fuente

those are my favorite brands who manufacture cigars from the seeds to the cigars. I also like some other different releases from AJ, Pepin Garcia, Paul Stulac, Joya de Nicaragua Cuarto Cinco, La Aurora 100 Anniversary, Viaje Oro #5, most of La Palina and few more.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Like you had to ask. Viaje!
    Yep...I'm a viaje *** as well...but DPG and any my father line just rock!
  • Easily Crowned Heads
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take any Kelner blend all day long!