Home General Discussion

Introduction / collection

Hello everyone, I wanted to start by introducing myself and being up front why I'm posting.

I know from being on other forums (non cigar related) that it's frowned upon not handing out a proper first intro, post right away trying to sell things, etc. With that said, I have been trying to decide if I get rid of a small collection because I just don't smoke cigars like I used too. I hate seeing some great stuff I have go to waste, would rather see someone else enjoy them.

A little about me & my cigar history; I started smoking cigars about the late 80's, had no idea what I was doing, or getting into, but learned through many mistakes. Probably around the early 90's I gave it up only to have two very good friends pick it up and got me started all over again around the late 90's - stupid peer pressure :). In the last 2/3 years I have stopped again. I live in the Austin, TX area and my latest hobby outside of working like a dog is riding and wrenching my older motorcycles (shovelheads are my passion if you're curious, can't quite afford the older stuff - yet).

I have always kept my two small humidors proper and now 2+ years of making sure everything was in order every 2 weeks or so and only smoking one cigar every few months I am considering letting the stuff go, if there's any value versus just giving the stuff away. I think I have a pretty decent collection (quality wise) for a lower level cigar smoker but I could be wrong. There may not be a lot of interest in what I have.

Even though I have been smoking on & off for quite a few years, I would consider myself a novice. I was always more interested in what my taste were than what the latest and greatest new cigar was and what was considered the best this or that with wrappers, fillers, etc. Just is about personal enjoyment to me.

So all that being said, would anyone be interested in looking at some pictures and such?

Or should I go back to my corner and go away?

Comments

• christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Hi, Sure I'll take a look.
    Hi, Sure I'll take a look. Pm me
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome even though your visit may be short lived. Message me if you have any pics. Most guys here will require you ship first if you want to get rid of your stuff just fyi.
    He appears to be a no show.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Please, post up what you have to offer.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind taking a look.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Austin. I'd have a look at what you've got. PM me, please....
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have any left PM me!
  • I took a few pictures, let me know if you'd like to see them and I'll PM them to you.

I am starting to PM everyone that requested the link to the pictures. Here's some more info:

Marshall and Savoy humidors. Some of these cigars are as new as 3/6 months and maybe the oldest being around 6 years old? I'm somewhat guessing on older stuff, might even be a 7/8 year old one in there.

I've never let the cigars go more than 2 weeks without checking on them. Never a wink of mold or other issues, never dried out by any means. I think the lowest I ever saw the gauge was maybe 63% and the highest 72 or 73%, always kept at moderate temperatures and never moved locations so I know there's very little fluctuation, maybe less than a 5 degree variation in my house at any time throughout the year.
  • SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum. Please, post up what you have to offer.

I sent you a PM that wasn't complete, let me know if you got the 2nd one and if that one had the link.

I PM'd a photobucket album link to everyone who's asked. Let me know if you have any other questions. I will try to get an inventory done and more pictures this evening.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to have you. If you want to pm me the info I'd be interested in taking a look.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just post the link here?
  • Go a little behind with work but I have updated the pictures for those interested. If you'd like the link for the pictures drop me a PM. I did an inventory, a part of it includes:

Arturo Fuentes: 1 BBMF, 2 Hemmingway, 15 Short Stories.

Graycliff: 13 Blue, 1 of each Red, Purple, Black, White

Padron 1926: 15 shorties

Los Blancos: 7 total

Have a Punch Rare Corojo

Pinar pre embargo P3000's: 16

And other goodies

Zebrawood Dan Marshall 150 cigar humidor, a Savoy humidor (9.5" deep x 6" tall x 13.5" wide_) nit much smaller than the Dan Marshall

Some punches, cutters, a DU Shotgun Shell humidor (9.5" tall x 3" dia), 2 large Paradigm's and 1 small one.

Pictures have more detail.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in the BBMF
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I'm interested in the BBMF
    PM sent
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent