Home General Discussion

Never again am I saving a smoked cigar for later.

AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
I'm not the type to smoke a cigar and save it for later, but this morning I thought I could get an hour of quiet time, before going to work, to smoke in my man cave (i.e. garage) but it was prematurely interrupted by the wife who was getting a bit worked up by the crying baby (I'm sure it had a little to do with me, the "good for nothing", smoking a cigar instead of helping). I didn't have it in me to throw away a delicious robusto with only 30 minutes into it, so I proceeded to blow through the cigar expelling the smoke from inside and let it sit on my ashtray and go cold. I just lit the bad boy back up and after 15 minutes of puffing I'm as light headed as a junkie. So, going back to my "Cigars for Idiots" book, it says that when you save a smoked cigar for later, it causes the cigar to become a nicotine bomb - and yes, it was super bitter. Gross.
"Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually done that a number of times and pretty good results, though never with a robusto.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes this works, sometimes you do get a nasty ashtray taste... if I do have to leave a cigar, I just set it down. But when I come back to it, as I am lighting, I gently puff "out" and get some of the stale air out.

I do frequently get a stale quality that is around for a few puffs, but they end up being ok. If I had a choice, I would let em go out.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I have to put one down I blow through it but I also slip it into an old tubo I saved for just such a need. I slip the lit stogie in and screw the cap back on. It immediately goes out for lack of oxygen and they've kept well for me - sometimes until the next day when I finish it up.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    When I have to put one down I blow through it but I also slip it into an old tubo I saved for just such a need. I slip the lit stogie in and screw the cap back on. It immediately goes out for lack of oxygen and they've kept well for me - sometimes until the next day when I finish it up.

Brilliant, I will have to try that. I've purged the cigar but usually leave it out overnight, still never really happy with it.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    I'm not the type to smoke a cigar and save it for later, but this morning I thought I could get an hour of quiet time, before going to work, to smoke in my man cave (i.e. garage) but it was prematurely interrupted by the wife who was getting a bit worked up by the crying baby (I'm sure it had a little to do with me, the "good for nothing", smoking a cigar instead of helping). I didn't have it in me to throw away a delicious robusto with only 30 minutes into it, so I proceeded to blow through the cigar expelling the smoke from inside and let it sit on my ashtray and go cold. I just lit the bad boy back up and after 15 minutes of puffing I'm as light headed as a junkie. So, going back to my "Cigars for Idiots" book, it says that when you save a smoked cigar for later, it causes the cigar to become a nicotine bomb - and yes, it was super bitter. Gross.
    Ha! I get the same glare!
    It'**** or miss. Sometimes it's okay if I cut off the burnt end, and relight others just plain nasty.