Home General Discussion

I'll never forget my Cohiba Behike... (or I'm an idiot)

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
But probably not for reasons why you think.

It's got this little rat tail... and I've got this dual cutter. Straight single blade in one hole, and a v-notch blade in another hole.

I was so concerned with getting that rat tail in the slot for the v-notch... that I paid no attention where my finger was. INSIDE THE STRAIGHT HOLE instead of the finger hole.

This was a couple days ago. Doesn't really hurt. It did at first, as well as when I put the betadine and liquid skin over it. But after that... no pain.

As for the Behike. Wasn't too impressed with it. At least I can say I smoked one. I'd much rather smoke a Camacho.

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    But probably not for reasons why you think.

It's got this little rat tail... and I've got this dual cutter. Straight single blade in one hole, and a v-notch blade in another hole.

I was so concerned with getting that rat tail in the slot for the v-notch... that I paid no attention where my finger was. INSIDE THE STRAIGHT HOLE instead of the finger hole.

This was a couple days ago. Doesn't really hurt. It did at first, as well as when I put the betadine and liquid skin over it. But after that... no pain.

As for the Behike. Wasn't too impressed with it. At least I can say I smoked one. I'd much rather smoke a Camacho.
    and because you where thinking bad about the behike, this is what happens!! nah messing with you, that looks like it hurt, but it was a good test of your cutters abilities if it cuts thru skin it's gotta be good! LOL watch that it dont infected
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    I can't imagine sticking around for the smoke with a gushing finger.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    By the way. Where do you guys get that curved cigar holder thingy that looks like a half pipe? I've seen a couple of you on this forum having one.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    get with the stogie stand guy danielzreyes
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a harsh way to remember a cigar. I usually just add some notes to my log.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy ***. Ouch!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that hurt, are you a ninja mohel by chance?
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that is dedication! Sucks about the cigar. I get my hopes up sometimes and then ..let down.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone up for a circumcision?
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:

bahahaha, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was the scene in Robin Hood Men In Tights

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Bigshizza:

bahahaha, the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was the scene in Robin Hood Men In Tights

lmao!!! I'll take 2
    Money can't buy taste
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    haha... I'll take 2...

The funny thing is... I have used that same cutter many times. Each time I thought to myself... wouldn't it suck to have my finger in there instead of the handle. And then I would laugh. Never thinking that it could possibly happen.

ah well... I laugh at other people's misfortunes... I don' t exclude myself from being a dumba$$. Oy.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Ouch!! Good thing is... you won't do it again!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    This sucks....
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing with a blade is idiot proof. (I'm proof of that myself.) But that cutter is a terrible design. Gotta' pay attention to your cigar in one blade while the other blade is deployed by default and ready cut anything you are NOT paying attention to? I'd call that a design flaw.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Agree with this. Some cutters are just like a weapon and I've seen that design. I pretty much use my older V Cutter that is idiot proof.
    I have rectified this. I ordered a new cutter last night. It's that cast aluminum block table top one you see in B&Ms with the 4 holes in the top and the large lever you pull on the side. It arrives next week sometime... Expensive sucker. This cheap (free with my purchase of a box of Island Prince cigars from Hawaii) v-notch cutter really got me hooked on the v-notch cut. I'll post pics when it arrives.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you'll be happier (and safer) with your new cutter.

The more I think about that cheap plastic cutter's design, the more ridiculous it seems. Whoever designed that cutter was a DUMMY! The idea that there's two blades that open up and slice simultaneously while only cutting one thing at a time just kinda' gets me thinking.

What if the electrician who wired your house couldn't figure out how to make the lights on the front porch come on without the garage door going up or down?

What if your vehicle's passenger door opened up equal distance every time you open the driver's door because some dummy designed it that way?

What would it be like if your water and ice dispenser on the front of your refrigerator shot out water AND ice at the same time, rather that water OR ice separately?

Well, then everything would function just like that damn cutter.
    And the new cutter has arrived!!

Gonna use it tonight...
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:

Gonna use it tonight...

Damn, very cool and tell us how it goes. I pretty much just stick to my Xikar MTX but that thing is pretty bad ass.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet cutter. Should not get that one mixed up!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Just don't put your fingers in the other holes while cutting.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:

Gonna use it tonight...
    Nice