Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    How can one give credence to a report that doesn't even get the name of the drug right, either in spelling or pronunciation?
    It's Belsomra, not Belsorma.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    How can one give credence to a report that doesn't even get the name of the drug right, either in spelling or pronunciation?
    It's Belsomra, not Belsorma.
    lol, gotta love good ol' FAUX news

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Yeah, no "real" news agency like CBS would get it wrong, ........ would they?

LOL Gotta love the FOX haters ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    way to focus on a minor point. its like discrediting an entire scientific paper due to one type-o.

the biggest problem with news in general is that it is reported by People.
    people tend to make mistakes. i mean... they are only human.

interesting drug.

since i have had bouts with insomnia its good news that technology is starting to help.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    LOL Yeah, no "real" news agency like CBS would get it wrong, ........ would they?

LOL Gotta love the FOX haters ;)
    :-)

don't hate fox, just seems like some of their programs/reports are a little ... i guess you could say "out there."

but this isn't one of them and not something worth "picking a bone with". sorry.
    when i googled the misspelling cbs had it wrong in their article too.

as i learned in school, it's always worth checking out multiple sources for information - especially online.

but i rewatched the video and did a googly search for the correct spelling "belsomra"...interesting results. hope this will help people who suffer from insomnia.

apologies if i offended anyone

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None taken :) Just a bit of fun.
    Much of the credibility of any news organization rests in its ability to get information right. Especially when it comes to something as important as a new drug to market. It doesn't matter whether it's FOX, CNN, MSNBC, the three networks or anyone making the error--anyone who screws up needs to be properly raked over the coals, whether the topic is a new drug, a war, a crime, or any other story. This isn't a "breaking deadline" type of story where a lack of information or a rush to get the story to the air might have caused such an error. It's simply sloppy editing. The fact that not only was the drug name spelled wrong, but also PRONOUNCED wrong by the anchors (who were obviously reading a teleprompter where the word was misspelled) in the story itself, and the fact that neither that two medical "experts" pointed this error out demonstrates the sloppiness of the editing staff for this particular segment. This is only a comment on the credibility of this particular story, and is not a general comment about FOX News in general. Since I don't watch FOX News, I don't have the data to make general comments on their editing team. As jgibv pointed out, other networks/news organizations spelled it wrong, too, and they're just as culpable for getting it wrong.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mess with this stuff. This system's not nearly well-enough understood.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to talk insomnia... LMK I worked in sleep medicine for 12 years.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Best thing I ever had for my insomnia was Xanax.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sex. Puts you right to sleep. If it doesn't work the first time, try try again.

You will thank me for this advice.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Sex. Puts you right to sleep.

That's what she said. (Bada boom)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    webmost:
    Sex. Puts you right to sleep.

That's what she said. (Bada boom)
    Invented 24,000 BC, and still the best joke ever.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Much of the credibility of any news organization rests in its ability to get information right. Especially when it comes to something as important as a new drug to market. It doesn't matter whether it's FOX, CNN, MSNBC, the three networks or anyone making the error--anyone who screws up needs to be properly raked over the coals, whether the topic is a new drug, a war, a crime, or any other story. This isn't a "breaking deadline" type of story where a lack of information or a rush to get the story to the air might have caused such an error. It's simply sloppy editing. The fact that not only was the drug name spelled wrong, but also PRONOUNCED wrong by the anchors (who were obviously reading a teleprompter where the word was misspelled) in the story itself, and the fact that neither that two medical "experts" pointed this error out demonstrates the sloppiness of the editing staff for this particular segment. This is only a comment on the credibility of this particular story, and is not a general comment about FOX News in general. Since I don't watch FOX News, I don't have the data to make general comments on their editing team. As jgibv pointed out, other networks/news organizations spelled it wrong, too, and they're just as culpable for getting it wrong.

You must have gone berserk when the world found out msnbc was editing tapes for their left wing agenda. Otherwise wasting so much energy on a misspelled word is just

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the new "rules" (gee, I wonder where they came from) my insurance won't pay for Xanax