Home Non Cigar Related

Scottish heavy events

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I'm gonna start working in my bucket list... I figured since I turned 30 it's time to take advantage d the time I have left. I am no longer young and dumb. Lol now that I have reached the "wise years" it's time to wise up. Lmao any of you gents participate in Scottish heavy events?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Highland Games on Grandfather Mountain NC is about 15 minutes from where we live. If you ever attend contact me and we will have a cigar. I have a bucket list also and am working it down. Be 68 in a bit and I keep adding stuff as fast as I work it off.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    never been to them, but there are several Highlands festivals around the mid-valley. Old coworker's husband used to be big into it, used to wear his kilts to work for a whole month before the festival. I think there's a pretty good one over in Newport too.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I'm kinda a moron... The reason I asked this originally and the whole purpose of this thread... Which I didn't even mention in my original post. I am starting training this comin Monday. I will be doing a full weight management program to drop my total weight and then I'm gonna work on buildin muscle and stamina. My goal is to successfully toss a caber! On a happy side note it will also move me into a healthier body that I will have worked (literally) my butt off for. :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your training. In case you want a little tip on tossin' logs, 'round here we usually use a chainsaw to cut up logs into smaller pieces before we start tossin' ;)
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your training program. I've watched a few games and it looks like a lot of fun to be a part of.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I can already lift the regulations caber weight.... but lifting isn't even half of it! lol I am going to be on a VERY strict diet that will amount to well under 1000 calories, Working out on an elliptical and treadmill and once im down 50-75 pounds im gonna begin the weight training I need to build up the zones that need attention. Probably gonna be ale to get around to practicing with a caber.... next year. LOL!!!