Home Non Cigar Related

bill clinton smokes $1000.00 Gurkhas

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Guess that's why billary says they are broke.

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that the most expensive Gurkha was the Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve at 400.00 dollars. I guess it doesn't matter, its their money.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when he was in office I had read he smoked Gurka's. Never a larger ring gauge than the presidential "staff" though. And he had a curious way of wetting the tip.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    I thought that the most expensive Gurkha was the Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve at 400.00 dollars. I guess it doesn't matter, its their money.
    I'm sure you can pay Hansotia any amount of money and he'll whip something up, make it look all pretty, coat it and gold and/or dump expensive booze on it for you.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've been pretty bored before, but I don't think I've ever been bored enough to start threads like this. Uh... George Bush wears really expensive shoes, or maybe it was gets really expensive shoes thrown at him. Ahhh who cares.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Eulogy:
    I'm sure you can pay Hansotia any amount of money and he'll whip something up, make it look all pretty, coat it and gold and/or dump expensive booze on it for you.

The article said they were Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve, and I have never heard of them. Thought they were some super secret membership only kind of thing. I do like the Armada and for $1000 I could buy a bunch.
    jd50ae:
    Ken Light:
    Eulogy:

The article said they were Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve, and I have never heard of them. Thought they were some super secret membership only kind of thing. I do like the Armada and for $1000 I could buy a bunch.
    Then Eulogy's right.

Click, ccom sells 'em!

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve, it is $400 and you can buy it under the luxury collections on this website. I'm sure it's a waste of money though, but when you're rich its all about status. Would people be more surprised if he smoked $400 cigars or exclusively backwoods?
    Ken Light:
    jd50ae:
    Ken Light:
    Eulogy:

Then Eulogy's right.

Click, ccom sells 'em!

Maybe someone should email the clintons and mention CCom is a much better place to purchase. Or does that mean we all get visited by the SS?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    I've been pretty bored before, but I don't think I've ever been bored enough to start threads like this. Uh... George Bush wears really expensive shoes, or maybe it was gets really expensive shoes thrown at him. Ahhh who cares.
    Awww come on. Don't you go pickin' on JD. LOL He didn't just dream it up did he? No, he did not. It's going around the internet that while Kaizad Hansotia, of Gurkha, was speaking with Bloomberg News about his overpriced cigars he mentioned Bill Clinton was a client. Just a little "name dropping". But JD made a funny. Admit it. It was funny. Come on now, Hillary says they were broke but Bill smokes ridiculously expensive cigars. Get it? Funny huh? Ahhh who cares.

Oh by the way, your joke about George Bush and the shoes,.....pretty funny.
    Bob Luken:
    pelirrojo:
    Awww come on. Don't you go pickin' on JD. LOL He didn't just dream it up did he? No, he did not. It's going around the internet that while Kaizad Hansotia, of Gurkha, was speaking with Bloomberg News about his overpriced cigars he mentioned Bill Clinton was a client. Just a little "name dropping". But JD made a funny. Admit it. It was funny. Come on now, Hillary says they were broke but Bill smokes ridiculously expensive cigars. Get it? Funny huh? Ahhh who cares.

Oh by the way, your joke about George Bush and the shoes,.....pretty funny.

I guess I could have mentioned Monica L, but that would be digging up ancient history, ya know, like George Bush..

Almost 200,000 entries on a search. Someone must think it is interesting.
    And oh yea.....every Cigar forum I checked has a post or two about it. So it looks like most of the Cigar community thinks its worth mentioning.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a kick out of this story.....had a good LOL when I read the article.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clinton-now-enjoys-1000-cigars_803486.html

My absolute favorite part was when Kaizad Hansotia said (emphasis mine):

"We tell everybody, please smoke a Cuban cigar. And then smoke our cigars. And once they've smoked a Cuban And then once they smoke a Gurkha, or they smoke a cigar from Dominican Republic, they realize what a difference in quality it is."

Oh, I agree with Hansotia, there's definitely a difference in quality with (most) Gurkhas......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clinton-now-enjoys-1000-cigars_803486.html

"We tell everybody, please smoke a Cuban cigar. And then smoke our cigars. And once they've smoked a Cuban And then once they smoke a Gurkha, or they smoke a cigar from Dominican Republic, they realize what a difference in quality it is."

Oh, I agree with Hansotia, there's definitely a difference in quality with (most) Gurkhas......

There is a video associated with the story....I can't find it....have you seen it? Oops, copyright infringement...
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

There is a video associated with the story....I can't find it....have you seen it?
    I believe this is the video, I'm watching it as I type this:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/gurkha-his-majesty-s-reserve-world-s-most-expensive-cigar-GN8GK740QoqaMz~UPKzgzg.html

jgibv:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

There is a video associated with the story....I can't find it....have you seen it?

Yep that be it. Thanks. I believe this is the video, I'm watching it as I type this:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/gurkha-his-majesty-s-reserve-world-s-most-expensive-cigar-GN8GK740QoqaMz~UPKzgzg.html
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

More proof of FOX's continued lack of any journalistic credibility whatsoever. Here are the links to their claims that "The Clintons are dead broker" and that Clinton smokes $1,000 cigars.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/08/24/bill-clinton-smokes-1000-cigars

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3742896275001/why-does-bill-clinton-smoke-1000-cigars-if-they-are-dead-broke/#sp=show-clips

Now, let's have some facts. Hillary never said the Clintons ARE broke. She said they WERE broke when they left office. This was probably true, given that they had to spend millions in legal fees fending off the GOP and Ken Starr's stupid, time-wasting and money wasting hitch hunts over dresses and cigars. (Fortunately, Clinton had created a billion dollar deficit that the GOP was able to tap into to help pay off the millions they wasted on this stupid endeavor.) Neither Hillary nor Bill deny that have made hundreds of millions in speaking and book fees since leaving office. So, now, he's reached the monetary status that the last three Republican presidents had when they entered office.

And now, the facts behind the $1,000 cigar story. This is not based on any kind of news story, but on FOX's lying misinterpretation of a informercial Hansotia somehow managed to get posted on Bloomberg. But don't trust my word for it; watch the video.
    Contrary to FOX's claims, Hansotia never claims that Clinton smokes HMR cigars; he says "Clinton loves the Beauties," "He loves the Gurhkas." The Beauties can be bought for as low as $60 a five pack on the brother site to this one. Why, only last year I smoked a $250 Widow Maker that I got as part of the Cigar.com "build your own 10-pack sampler" for $49.

And, if even Clinton does smoke HMRs, at no place does Hansotia say whether Clinton actually buys these things--most likely Hansotia sends boxes to the people he wants to smoke them publicly or offers them at huge discounts.

Nice lie, FOX.
    raisindot:
    jd50ae:

More proof of FOX's continued lack of any journalistic credibility whatsoever. Here are links to FOX's claims that Hillary said "The Clintons are dead broker" and that Clinton smokes $1,000 cigars.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3742896275001/why-does-bill-clinton-smoke-1000-cigars-if-they-are-dead-broke/#sp=show-clips

Now, let's have some facts. Hillary never said the Clintons ARE broke. She said they WERE broke when they left office. This was probably true, given that they had to spend millions in legal fees fending off the GOP and Ken Starr's stupid, time-wasting and money wasting hitch hunts over dresses and cigars. (Fortunately, Clinton had created a billion dollar deficit that the GOP was able to tap into to help pay off the millions they wasted on this stupid endeavor.) Neither Hillary nor Bill deny that have made hundreds of millions in speaking and book fees since leaving office. So, now, he's reached the monetary status that the last three Republican presidents had when they entered office.

And now, the facts behind the $1,000 cigar story. This is not based on any kind of news story, but on FOX's lying misinterpretation of a informercial Hansotia somehow managed to get posted on Bloomberg. But don't trust my word for it; watch the video.
    Contrary to FOX's claims, Hansotia never claims that Clinton smokes HMR cigars; he says "Clinton loves the Beauties," "He loves the Gurhkas." The Beauties can be bought for as low as $60 a five pack on the brother site to this one. Why, only last year I smoked a $250 Widow Maker that I got as part of the Cigar.com "build your own 10-pack sampler" for $49.

And, if even Clinton does smoke HMRs, at no place does Hansotia say whether Clinton actually buys these things--most likely Hansotia sends boxes to the people he wants to smoke them publicly or offers them at huge discounts.

Nice lie, FOX.
    raisindot:
    raisindot:
    jd50ae:

More proof of FOX's continued lack of any journalistic credibility whatsoever. Here are links to FOX's claims that Hillary said "The Clintons are dead broker" and that Clinton smokes $1,000 cigars.

Nice lie, FOX.

Give it a rest and go away. There a...you are an absolute waste of time....WHY ISN'T THERE AN IGNORE BUTTON ON THIS FORUM...???
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    I really liked the Gurkha OpusX that was displayed a couple times. Great job. I would debate everything else said in this video, but I'll stick with FoxNews not being able to even get an image right. Classic.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Give it a rest and go away.
    You mad bro?
    SleevePlz:
    I really liked the Gurkha OpusX that was displayed a couple times. Great job. I would debate everything else said in this video, but I'll stick with FoxNews not being able to even get an image right. Classic.
    The uber-premium rare premeprimepreme Gurkha Opus X (AKA Gurkha "SPACE").
    Do not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase this.
    Made from only the finest rarest premiumist tobaccos in the universe.
    This cigar is made from the ultra-rare, space tobacco. Which was planted on July 21, 1969 - by Neil Armstrong - during the first moon walk ever as part of the Apollo 11 mission. It was harvested 3 years later by Eugene Cernan & Harrison Schmitt during their moon walk as part of the Apollo 17 mission.

Can you believe it? Wow indeed!

Get your extremely limited edition cigar today for the MSRP of $1,000,000/cigar. Trust me, they're worth it.
    But wait, today only: flash sale on these uber premium Zodian, uhh, I mean Gurkha Opus X "Space" cigars, for the low low price of $40 for a box of 20.

LOL, I just gotta laugh at those pundits. Feel bad for these 24/7 news folks sometimes, seems like they've had to sell their souls for these jobs....just babbling on all day about this nonsense. Half these shows are as bad, or worse, than the tabloids....and not just Fox, I'm talking all of the 24/7 news networks.

/thread jack

SleevePlz:
    jd50ae:
    Give it a rest and go away.
    You mad bro?

Did he even read the thread? I have never seen someone hung up so badly on FOX. Even in a thread where not one single mention of FOX has been made, he manages to bring up his hang up and hate of FOX. There are 200,000 posts on the internet about clinton and Gurkhas and he has to mention FOX....what is with that? I was doing a search on the net about cigars when I saw the story and I can only conclude that he must watch/read FOX to mention FOX.

And on top of that cnn's ms silver spoon in her mouth destroyed billary's comment about being broke when they left the White House, not FOX.

I can only imagine the an ambulance is called and a defibrillator is used every time msnbc gets caught editing video and audio tapes. Are they still doing it?

I watch a lot of news cable, read a bunch of internet sources and have never limited myself to one point of view...that is not a smart thing to do.

One last thought...just for him image
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Give it a rest and go away. There a...you are an absolute waste of time....WHY ISN'T THERE AN IGNORE BUTTON ON THIS FORUM...???

You aren't the only one that wishes there was. I personally enjoy reading well thought out factual arguments rather than garbage.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:

The last time I looked (quite a while ago) the asking price for a box of 20 was still $15,000 - or $750 each. At least one online seller is still asking $750 for a single but they've dropped their box price to $8500.

I guess the rock stars, dictators, and Bill Clintons have lessened their demand a bit in order to cause such a price decline. CCom's practically giving 'em away at only $400..... (snork, chuckle) ??
    pelirrojo:
    jd50ae:

You aren't the only one that wishes there was. I personally enjoy reading well thought out factual arguments rather than garbage.
    Good news, boys, you were both born with one. Clicking and reading are both voluntary functions, at least last I checked. And, according to the most current neuroscience I can get my hands on, voluntary functions are fully capable of being inhibited.
    jlmarta:
    Eulogy:

The last time I looked (quite a while ago) the asking price for a box of 20 was still $15,000 - or $750 each. At least one online seller is still asking $750 for a single but they've dropped their box price to $8500.

I guess the rock stars, dictators, and Bill Clintons have lessened their demand a bit in order to cause such a price decline. CCom's practically giving 'em away at only $400..... (snork, chuckle) ??

I sometimes wonder if they go looking for the highest prices so they can say what they paid or if they have so much money they don't care.

Three cheers for CCom...they have earned our trust and my thanks for just doing what they do.
    jd50ae:

If you wish to ignore me, sir, by all means do so. I'll be very sad if you do. But, with all due respect, sir, I am not going to go away, and I certainly would not want you to go away either and I would never "ignore" you. I enjoy reading your posts and responding to them when I feel the urge. And not everything I responded to in your posts is a political jab (i.e., your original insomnia thread).

The point is, sir, that you were posting a story that a little bit of research shows is false. I did a search of this story and the two FOX links I posted were the first two that showed up. Would you have been happier had I posted links from any of the other conservative blogs/sites that posted the story?

Now, sir, if, say, I had posted a story quoted from MSNBC or CNN or Huffington or Mother Jones and someone had shown that the facts were wrong, I would be the first to admit my mistake and condemn MSNBC/Huffington/MJ for misinformation and bad reporting. (In general, I don't watch any cable news or read liberal sites or blogs. I'm a newspaper guy at heart) After all, if I generally "favor" news sources that reflect my point of view, it ruins their credibility to be running inaccurate or false reports. I totally accept that the leftie news sources are every bit as biased as the rightie news sources are and are just as capable of putting out inaccurate propaganda posing as news. And if the leftie sources are caught with their facts down, they deserve to be boiled in the same oil--hell, I'd even say turn the heat up higher.

You see, sir, I've learned after being in participating in many political forums that if one disagrees with a statement (or wants to poke fun) that the attack should only be of the views expressed, backed by facts if possible. That's why I never (or try to never) make ad hominem personal attacks on individuals of take their rhetorical counterpunches personally. Or tell them to go away. What fun would that be if everyone thought the same way?

Life's too short, sir, and the folks here are far too multi-faceted for me to let my political differences get in the way. Hell, I've solicited advice on cigars and scotch and guns and traded dirty jokes and stogies with some of the most conservative folks on this forum, and have been embarrassed when what they trade me is better than what I can give them.
    The real question is...if Clinton's $1,000 HMR blows up on him, do men in black suits show up at Kaizad's door?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Back when he was in office I had read he smoked Gurka's. Never a larger ring gauge than the presidential "staff" though. And he had a curious way of wetting the tip.
    grossest thing I've read today. lol!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    The3Stogies:
    grossest thing I've read today. lol!

Stop me if I lie, hehe