Home Non Cigar Related

What do you buy on eBay...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.shefinds.com/2014/find-out-what-your-state-buys-the-most-of-on-ebay/?ref=otherstories

I think the map is very telling....for instance...Colorado and hydroponics.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy practically anything and everything on eBay. I've said many times that no matter what you're looking for you can find it on eBay. I've used the example of chocolate covered horse turds in the past and, although I've never looked, I'd almost bet you could find those, too.

I like the bidding aspect of it when that's the 'going' method. I also like the 'buy it now' aspect that seems to be getting more popular as time goes on. I like the fact that most purchases can be made tax-free unless the seller is in your state. And I like the fact that I can do a search for whatever it is I'm looking for and find sellers of that item all over the world allowing me to compare prices, quality, appropriateness, etc. all from my recliner. I can't ask for more..... ??
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to look for fishing items and even searched humid and related cigar items. Got my humi beads on eBay

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Id die without Ebay.... Its the lifeblood of my Automotive Art. 90% of all the parts I purchase are nearly impossible to find otherwise, particularly on the fancy stuff.

Short of things I consume, almost everything else I buy there.

Aj
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Not on there too often but a couple years ago I got my Sigma 50mm Macro lens for a smoking deal and within the last year or so bought a couple Moretti Pipes through his store front on there.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought baseball cards, hockey jerseys, luggage...good stuff!
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly isn't high end women's apparel and accessories... I mean, what would I do with those... It's not like they feel good or anything...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar stuff, pipe stuff, gun stuff, electronic stuff, kid's clothes, xbox stuff, household goods, and stuff. Lots of.stuff. I quit selling because the fees are dumb and I only buy from those with exceptional 98 to 100% feedback.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Over the years, I've bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff on Ebay. Out of more than 500 transactions, only two have gone bad (in both cases, the buyer didn't pay). Just sold a $1200 high-end synthesizer to a guy in California because I couldn't get a bite locally. The shipping cost was obscene, however.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Humidity beads, humidity beads, and..... humidity beads.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nothing. Never used it. Although the map says "furniture" for Arkansas, I would prob not buy any on it.
    One God, One Truth
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not used Ebay in awhile. I prefer Amazon with the free 2 day shipping with my prime membership and it is easier to deal with returns or defects.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Humidity beads, humidity beads, and..... humidity beads.

A great source for humidity gel thingys. And cheap enough that it is worthwhile to break down the humidifiers with the green plant stuff and change it out. But um..don't fill them with the gel and then wet them....the blob will take over the bathroom and they are so squishy you will chase them forever. A little bit goes a long way.