Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel Event

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Tomorrow night is the Rocky Patel event at my local B&M. I can't wait to go, apparently Eric Nording is going to be there along with Rocky. Maybe a new blend of Nordings? I guess we will see, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome, I have met Rocky a couple of times he is a really nice guy. Are you going to get his autograph on anything?

"Long ashes my friends."

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    He's here in Wisconsin next week! Do people really get his autograph on stuff? Boxes?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I had planned on getting his autograph on a Decade box, but I didn't get the box, lol. I ordered 20 Decades through a deal a while back, but they sent 4 5-packs instead of just sending a box. If there is any cool swag there I might pick something up to get him to autograph. I was thinking about carrying my Nording box and getting him and Eric Nording to autograph it together. I'm mainly going to get my hands on some of those Costa Rican Maduros I've heard about, I really hope he has some with him.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    I was at his event last night in Baton Rouge. I heard a couple of people talking about getting him to sign a box or something but i never saw anyone do it. I wanted to get a pic with him but no way in hell was i gonna be the first to do it. I decided to settle for a hand shake. Maybe next time i'll grab a pic.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a magazine autographed from him, a box, and got my pic with him too. Like I said, he's a really cool guy, don't be shy go get your autographs! He is going to be at an event here in a couple of weeks and I plan on getting another pic and having Rocky sign my Heritage Collection box (which I ordered from CCom).

"Long ashes my friends."

Just got back, had an awesome time. I did get the Nording box signed by Rocky and Eric Nording (who is a really nice guy too). Eric almost took a step back when I showed him the box, I guess he was suprised to see one of the older style boxes. The new ones are very cool, but I still like the original one better. I also smoked a Patel Brothers which was excellent. I picked up a few of those, some Rennaisances, and a few of the new Nordings. I smoked one of them also, same cigar, just new packaging. I was a little dissapointed that they didn't have any 1961s on hand, but the Patel Brothers more than made up for it.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    wow man sounds like you had a blast! im jealous... we only get reps at the events at my B&M.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    If your looking to get a box autographed but don't have a box already you can always check with your B&M to see if they sell them after the product sells. Most B&M sell them for $1 to $5. You can also buy them on ebay or craigslist, usually a several in a package.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    dwayne3307:
    I was at his event last night in Baton Rouge. I heard a couple of people talking about getting him to sign a box or something but i never saw anyone do it. I wanted to get a pic with him but no way in hell was i gonna be the first to do it. I decided to settle for a hand shake. Maybe next time i'll grab a pic.
    What B&M's are good to go to in Baton Rouge? I'll be there over the holidays.
    There is a pretty cool one by Whole Foods in Baton Rouge, I believe the name was Don Juan's or something very similar to that. That's where I got those 3-year old JDN's. No bar or anything, but a very good selection and pretty friendly staff.

Forgot to mention last night, but I also got a pretty cool dual-torch RP lighter as a bonus and a free five-pack of Rennaisances. After that, my buddy and I had some Bushmill Black and Johnny Walker Black and played pool. It was a good evening.
    alienmisprint:
    There is a pretty cool one by Whole Foods in Baton Rouge, I believe the name was Don Juan's or something very similar to that. That's where I got those 3-year old JDN's. No bar or anything, but a very good selection and pretty friendly staff.

Forgot to mention last night, but I also got a pretty cool dual-torch RP lighter as a bonus and a free five-pack of Rennaisances. After that, my buddy and I had some Bushmill Black and Johnny Walker Black and played pool. It was a good evening.
    That's the one I was thinking of. I think it's across the parking lot by Zia's and the book store?
    Yeah, its kinda caddy-corner to Whole Foods, I beleive there is a bookstore right around there also.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Yeah it's called Don Juan Cigar. Pretty cool place. No bar but they do have a lounge area with a huge flatscreen mounted on the wall and it always has sports on. There's also a place call Hemmingway's right down the road.
    Definitely gonna hit one of those places when I'm there. How does it work when you smoke at a B&M, do bring a stick or do you just buy one there, and have seat, and light up?
    If I plan on smoking at a B&M, I always buy the stick there. Its not like they charge a cover or anything, so the cigars are how they stay in business.