Home General Discussion

Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet

About 6 weeks ago I got ccom's Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet 20 cigar sampler. I had one off the truck and loved it. Had another 2 weeks later and it didn't taste the same. Not a bad change but different none the less. Had one 2 nights ago and it was wonderful. The smoke mellowed out while it seemed the taste profile expanded. I know it's due to aging a bit but I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar experience.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Were they different shapes or sizes? Sometimes the same cigar in a different size will taste differently and other times companies will reblend each size so they all taste the same. Where Cuban Cabinet is on this I couldn't say.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sol Cubano CC is a cigar that changes a LOT from size to size so that might have something to do with it. The Churchill and Toro really aren't anywhere near as good as the robusto. I really want to try the No. 4 because I've heard several people say this is the best size of these.
  • bigharpoon:
    Were they different shapes or sizes? Sometimes the same cigar in a different size will taste differently and other times companies will reblend each size so they all taste the same. Where Cuban Cabinet is on this I couldn't say.
    I believe that samplers has a Churchill, Torpedo, Toro, and robusto.
  • They were all robustos. It was a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to try the other sizes.
  • I can't find a sampler of 20 SC CC robustos on Ccom. Thats a sampler I would definently buy
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Very common for cigars to improve and melow with age. The different sizes also taste quite different on many cigars
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    I smoked my first one of these last night, got it in a PIF from AQUA and I would love to taste some after a year or more of aging. The new full bodied cigars are far and beyond what was considered full bodied even a few years ago. Honestly I could not finish the stick was way too strong for me and I did not want to puke. This was after a big dinner.

Just give me a stick with some good flavors the nic buzz is nice but I dont want to feel sick :(
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've always considered the Cuban Cabinet a more medium bodied smoke for me. A very flavorful medium bodied smoke though. I do love these! I am out in the humi however and I need to fix this problem SOON!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    I've always considered the Cuban Cabinet a more medium bodied smoke for me. A very flavorful medium bodied smoke though. I do love these! I am out in the humi however and I need to fix this problem SOON!

I think I have one left ...time to re-order
    Maybe I had a bad one. If I do get more I will prob age for a while.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    They do get better with some time Nick. I really like the #4 size (corona) and would say it is the strongest of the bunch, fresh it is a little harsh but with just a few months it mellows out some and is really full flavored....still strong compared to the other sizes though. What size did you have?
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I need to try these again. I had one once very soon after I started smoking cigars, but my tastes/palate have changed a bit since then.
  • nickgonzo:
    I smoked my first one of these last night, got it in a PIF from AQUA and I would love to taste some after a year or more of aging. The new full bodied cigars are far and beyond what was considered full bodied even a few years ago. Honestly I could not finish the stick was way too strong for me and I did not want to puke. This was after a big dinner.

Just give me a stick with some good flavors the nic buzz is nice but I dont want to feel sick :(
    Sorry to hear about that Gonzo....i on the other hand love these sticks...i find them to be med-full flavor. I have 24 left in all the sizes...im going to let them sit in the humi for about a year and see what becomes of the flavors.
    Maybe I'm just a wuss hahaha. I enjoyed the flavors but it really hit me hard in my stomach. I slowed way down like a puff every min and half. I tried to kill the nic buzz with some sugar but no dice. The buncher prolly added too much ligero or something haha. Maybe in a year you can PIF me a couple :)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The SCCC is a great smoke by one of my favorite blenders. AJ Fernandez is making super smokes right now.