Home General Discussion

HO-LEE CRAP, HAYS....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, my order got here today.....the gurkha Black Dragons. And all I can say is - - WOW!! I haven't tasted the cigar yet, I'll do that after dinner, but the rest of it is AMAZING! It's no wonder the shipment weighed 9.4 lbs. It's also no wonder they were going to ask $350 for it. It's got this beautiful, velvet-lined box with a lift-out tray holding 10 of these puppies and the other 10 down below. The tubos are an opaque white, sort of a frosted look to it, with black caps at either end. Gorgeous.

Anyway, David, my reason for this post is to tell you to forget about that possible trade we talked about earlier. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. A trade is of no value to you. That was a lousy idea. How about this? How about you PM'ing me an address where I can just send a little something? Would that work for ya?

I'd just like to say thank you for turning us on to this deal. Let me know, friend.

Marty

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Damn Marty - that seriously made me laugh my ass off. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase friend, and that it came through for you. I'm familiar with the way it looks - TR has a box in their main humi, and every time I stop in there, it's beauty beckons my gaze, and brings a tear to my eye....lol. If you so insist, I will forward you my address..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    So, just to get you a little excited, I smoked what I think was a Black Dragon a few months ago (my first Gurkha, so forgive me if I got the label wrong) and had some hilarious pictures. It was MASSIVE, 7x56 or something crazy. The funniest thing was my friend I was smoking with brought a Nub Connecticut 354. I'm not sure if he looked like a wimp or I looked like a complete jackass, but the two cigars looked ridiculous together.

The cigar was great - medium to full bodied, some spice, cocoa, and a bit of chocolate.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    If you so insist, I will forward you my address..

Got your PM, David. A pkg. will be on its way in a day or so. Got a couple other issues to deal with at the moment but, trust me, it'll get there.

Marty

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    jlmarta:
    Well, my order got here today.....the gurkha Black Dragons. And all I can say is - - WOW!! I haven't tasted the cigar yet, I'll do that after dinner, but the rest of it is AMAZING! It's no wonder the shipment weighed 9.4 lbs. It's also no wonder they were going to ask $350 for it. It's got this beautiful, velvet-lined box with a lift-out tray holding 10 of these puppies and the other 10 down below. The tubos are an opaque white, sort of a frosted look to it, with black caps at either end. Gorgeous.

Anyway, David, my reason for this post is to tell you to forget about that possible trade we talked about earlier. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. A trade is of no value to you. That was a lousy idea. How about this? How about you PM'ing me an address where I can just send a little something? Would that work for ya?

I'd just like to say thank you for turning us on to this deal. Let me know, friend.

Marty

Sounds like you got the Black Dragon Tubos. Not sure if there was a difference between them and the regular black dragons except the tube.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Sounds like you got the Black Dragon Tubos. Not sure if there was a difference between them and the regular black dragons except the tube.
    Yeah the deal that he snagged was $35 for a full box of Black Dragon Tubos... insane..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Same thing here man. Thanks for the hook up. PM me your addy as well, and package will follow. :)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Hays:
    rwheelwright:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Yeah the deal that he snagged was $35 for a full box of Black Dragon Tubos... insane..
    Is ther eany difference besides the tube? Just curious. I still have a few black dragons that i got last year in July.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am holding back a couple for the next deal I do with Hays. Brother hooked us all up.