Home General Discussion

Menthol taste???

So, I just tried my 1st Oliva Serie O and it started off great... About 1/4 of the way through it started to develop a menthol taste! I purged it sevral times and it got better but the menthol taste came back. I had to put it down with more than 1/2 left. It was like I was smoknig a newport or KOOL, NASTY!!! Has anybody elese had this experience with this cigar or any other???

Comments

• BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    I had the Olivia Sirie O torpedo. No menthol taste that I remember. Overall did not like the cigar. I did not like the taste also had a few burn issues. It was rather humid the night I had it which may have contibuted to the burn problems.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    To me the Serie O was really bitter. Dont recall a menthol taste tho. But I suggest always trying a cigar that you didnt like at least twice, because with all handmade products there may always be a couple that arent up to par with the rest.
  • I got a strong bitter woody taste. I normally like Oliva, so I will try again.
  • Yeah, I got the woodsy , nutty taste when I first started smoking it and it was pretty enjoyable but than it transformed in to menthol on every draw. I could still taste the Woodsy flavors but it had a very Overpowering Menthol Annoyance. I purged it and the menthol taste went away but came back after a few more puffs, It was nasty. Not really what what I was expecting in a big brand cigar. IDK, I wonder if it was a dud?
  • I had that happen with a padron once. I like Oliva Serie O though.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I really like the O and haven't had the menthol taste before. It's one of those maduro's that I tend to recommend to friends.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I tried the O just one time but wasn't very impressed. IMO they make better cigars like the Master Blend etc. I will give it another shot or two and maybe I will like it then.