Home General Discussion

top 3

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
i know that this topic has been about before, but i recently changed my top three brands and i figured others probably have as well.

mine are

1) Camacho
2) La Flor Dominicana
3) AVO

honorable mention to Tatuaje and Arturo Fuente

Fuente got dropped out of the top three because LFD has made such a huge impression on me in the last few months. i have yet to smoke one that i didnt like. its nosing in on camacho. AVO is still third simply because of the lack of complexity in the Maduro. If Tatuaje keeps impressing me the way it has been then AVO may fall off the top three. ...unless they come out with an impressive limited run cigar.

Comments

• Here are my top 3 for now:

Perdomo
    Rocky Patel
    La Gloria Cubana
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    This is tough..
    Ashton (VSG probably my top 3 favorite cigars)
    Fuente (including the don carlos) (GOF and Anejo make up the rest of my top 3)
    Gurkha
    I had to put gurkha up there because I like a lot of their blends. I have to mention Camacho and La Flore Domincana in this as well.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the Camacho raves. and the Avo, without a doubt. La Flor puts out some full bodied, full flavor, full strength cigars. I love the Double Ligero and Cameroon Cabinet #1. There has never been a Fuentes I didn't like. Any Rocky is always a winner by me.
  • Don Pepin, Oliva, A. Fernandez.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ok here are my top 3

1. 5Vegas
    2. Peppin Garcia
    3. Joya De Nicarauga

I know guys someday when i start smoking some really expensive sticks .... maybe that will change ..... but i've yet to try anything Arturo Fuente, or AVO or silly expensive like that.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Gurkha
    2. CAO
    3. 5 Vegas

I need to try alot more brands. I tend to stick with what I like. I have a bunch of others I haven't tried yet but for now this is it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    La Flor would be in my top 3 simply on the strength of the Cameroon Cabinet. I also happen to really like the Ligero, Double Ligero, Limitado, Coronado and Factory Press lines. I've yet to try one of their mild-medium bodied, Conn wrapped cigars, but so far everything La Flor has been a go for me.

Don Pepin Garcia is another that makes it in there. He offers enough diversity in his blends for me to be able to appreciate them from several aspects. I think he's the best blender in the industry now.

Finally I have to put Padilla in there. Simply put, I can't get enough of the Sig. 1932 and 1948, those cigars blow me away each and every time. As of right now I'm a bit let down by the new blends, but I'll wait and see once they've really settled in.

Honorable mention goes to Perdomo, Ashton, Tatuaje, Padron and La Aurora. Any of those could likely make my top three given a slight change of tastes or preferences.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hmmm... At the moment I would have to say:

1. Tatuaje
    2. Don Pepin
    3. La Flor Dominica

All 3 put out some of the best full bodied smokes on the market IMO. A close 3rd would be Ashton and 4th would have to be Oliva.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Cohiba ISOM
    Padron
    LFD
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fernandez
    Rocky Patel
    Oliva

An honorable mention goes to 5 Vegas for their quality, affordable, tasty sticks.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montecristo, Oliva, Macanudo.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Oliva
    Gurkha
    5 Vegas
    shout out to Padilla
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    ... get ready, a Yankee fan AND a Macanudo lover too. I'm just sayin' .... ;}
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Ima go with
    Padilla
    5 Vegas
    Rocky Patel
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    YankeeMan:
    ... get ready, a Yankee fan AND a Macanudo lover too. I'm just sayin' .... ;}
    lol
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    1. Padron
    2. Rocky Patel
    3. Camacho
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    This is hard, but if I had to go with just three brands, they would be:

Rocky Patel
    Tatuaje
    Alec Bradley
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente
    Gurkha
    5 Vegas

special note for cigar.com house blends as these were the cigars that helped me decide what type of cigar I like best. They'll always have a special place in my humidor.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to the bb project, I am now a huge Camacho fan. Especially the triple maduro. So here are my 3:
    1. Camacho
    2. Padron
    3. Rocky Patel

"Long ashes my friends."

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:

1. Tatuaje
    2. Don Pepin
    3. La Flor Dominica

All 3 put out some of the best full bodied smokes on the market IMO. A close 3rd would be Ashton and 4th would have to be Oliva.
    I'm with Jason on this....I go to these brands more and more. Have to say Padron is very close to breaking in the top three for me
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:

1. Tatuaje
    2. Don Pepin
    3. La Flor Dominica

I'm with Jason on this....I go to these brands more and more. Have to say Padron is very close to breaking in the top three for me
    I can agree with Puro and BBC on the La Flor Dominicana, anything AJ Fernandez does, and... only three eh? Third would have to be a revolving type pick, between Oliva, Gurkha, Fuente, Padilla, and a couple of others.
    I know this isn't 3 but I would have trouble definitively listing even my top 10! So many good sticks out there, and I purposely never even mentioned anything ISOM.
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    1. Don Pepin
    2. AJ Fernandez
    3. Gurkha

That being said haven't had the Diesel yet so 1 and 2 could flip after that potentially, and definitely honorable mention Padilla. Agree with Laker also, so many good sticks right now hard to pick only 3!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    my favorites as of right now are 1 AJ Fernanadez 2 Rocky Patel 3 CAO
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    and i dont know how to format...
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    shamrocked:
    and i dont know how to format...
    Here's How To Format
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Tatuaje
    Illusione
    Litto Gomez
  • in my 1 year cigar experience i'd have to say RP 90, La Aroma de Cuba, and Romeo and Julieta
  • Padilla
    Don Pepin Garcia(Old Henry,San Christ,really anything pepin has his hands in)
    Rocky Patel
    Gurkha is starting to creep into the top three, if everything is as good as the 3x .....we will see
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    DPG
    Rocky Patel
    Ashton

CAO probably gets my honorable mention.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    We should do this monthly, to see if peoples choices would change much.