Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Anyone looking for some yard 'gars?

Ok I've got some sticks that I'm looking to rid myself of. I don't have enough time to possibly smoke all the cigars that I have. If some one is in search of some cheap everyday sticks, I think I can help.

Comments

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    So here are the sticks.... Manolo's Factory Overruns corona x 8 - Private Stock Mixed Filler by Davidoff Corona x 4 - Oliveros Classic Churchill x 1 - Highlander Torpedo x 1 - Jericho by Camacho Figurado x 1 - Elite Cigar Grand Reserve Robusto x 1 - Liga IV Robusto x 1
    I'd like to give up the whole lot of 17 cigars for maybe 1 or 2 cigars? Or maybe if there is a good cause I'll just donate them. All I know is that they're taking up space in my already tight humidor. So is anyone interested? I'm up for all offers!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    Ok I've got some sticks that I'm looking to rid myself of. I don't have enough time to possibly smoke all the cigars that I have. If some one is in search of some cheap everyday sticks, I think I can help.
    Well list them and see who is interested. I heard it said ( Maybe by Maddy) one mans yard gars are another mans premiums.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    bass8844:
    I'd like to give up the whole lot of 17 cigars for maybe 1 or 2 cigars? Or maybe if there is a good cause I'll just donate them.
    I can see Sally Strothers on the tv now. "Do you know there are children in Bangladesh who've never had a hand-rolled cigar? That's right: never. For just a few cents a day, you can change the life of one of these precious children. Call the number on your screen, and you'll receive a photo of your child lighting up, and periodic reviews of what s/he has been smoking. Don't you want to transform the life of one of these children, today?"
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    bass8844:
    I'd like to give up the whole lot of 17 cigars for maybe 1 or 2 cigars? Or maybe if there is a good cause I'll just donate them.
    I can see Sally Strothers on the tv now. "Do you know there are children in Bangladesh who've never had a hand-rolled cigar? That's right: never. For just a few cents a day, you can change the life of one of these precious children. Call the number on your screen, and you'll receive a photo of your child lighting up, and periodic reviews of what s/he has been smoking. Don't you want to transform the life of one of these children, today?"
    Urbino, do you really want to go to hell ?? I can't believe you, making fun of Sally kids. Hey limbo how low can you go ??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kas, I think ubry's hand basket is custom fitted with a rocket engine and racing stripe. There was a picture of it on the internet somewhere...
    I don't think sally needs cigars...
    On another post, I saw something about sending cigars to the troops and stuff like that
    Or if someone was interested I'd love to trade up for a couple of Ccom cameroons, some kind of perdomo, or just about anything else! C'mon guys I need more space in the humi! Even my cooler is full and adding another one is not an option!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    On another post, I saw something about sending cigars to the troops and stuff like that
    Or if someone was interested I'd love to trade up for a couple of Ccom cameroons, some kind of perdomo, or just about anything else! C'mon guys I need more space in the humi! Even my cooler is full and adding another one is not an option!
    Check your Inbox
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    bass8844:
    Bass...I plan on putting together something for the troops that I work around. We do a weekly meeting that is ran by the chaplain called 'Holy Smokes'. I am going home on R&R in a few weeks. I will be posting something then so I can see if anyone else wants put add to the package. If you (or anyone) are interested let me know.
    Andy...sounds exactly like the cause I would like to donate to. PM me your addy and I can to the package!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Bass, you have a PM
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    id figure id post to see if anyone is still looking to get rid of some yard gars let me know thanks id also be willing to trade
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    DiasFlak:
    id figure id post to see if anyone is still looking to get rid of some yard gars let me know thanks
    Im also on the look out...
    sack....I actually sent out the sticks to badandy for the troops, but if your interested in possibly making a trade just let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.
  • sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    i wouldnt mind putting together a trade anything in mind...
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    sackerma:
    i wouldnt mind putting together a trade anything in mind...

What are you offering and what are you looking for?
    Since this thread started out as yard gars...here's some "everyday" cigars I have to offer:

5 vegas gold torp (5)
    CC Blue Label robusto (3)
    Cuba Libre (assorted sizes and quantities)
    Blue Label corona (almost full box)
    La Cuna bin 85 (almost full box)
    Fonseca (assorted sizes, blends, quantities)
    Indian Tabac (assorted)
    Flor De Oliva Torpedo
    Arturo Fuente Curlyhead

I've got more if there is something else your looking for. As for me, I've really been looking to get my hands on some Padrons and Fuentes. Let me know if you like anything you see!
    bass8844:

I've got more if there is something else your looking for. As for me, I've really been looking to get my hands on some Padrons and Fuentes. Let me know if you like anything you see!

I may be heading over to one of the local shops some time soon for the padron 64 series (one of my all time personal favs). If I do, I'll try to pick up an extra and maybe we can do a swap for the 5 vegas gold. I keep hearing great things about those and never seem to see them in the local shops.
    Het Rob...that sounds like a good idea, I would be interested in that. Also if your shop happend to have some opus x or anejos, I would be happy to fatten the deal for you. Whatever you can get a hold of, just let me know, I'll be happy either way.
    I may be heading there tonight after work. Hopefully I'll have some good news for you tomorrow. The padron's are usually fairly reasonably priced for that cigar, but the last time they carried the opus, they were a bit pricey (as they always are). I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
    Sounds good...get what you can and we'll work something out either way. Thanks for checking though.
    The opus x's started at 25 bucks and the anejos were pretty close to that. I just didn't have the cash to drop on something like that last night. I did, however, pick up a padron 64 and what I think is a 3000 series.
    Holy cow $25 for an Opus X? Its a $15 stick!
    I believe it was the perfection #2, which is $37 on c.com. I rarely see them under twenty bucks, aside from the petite lancero, which was at one of the local shops for about $12, but they sold out last time I checked. I think the Anejos were just under $20.
    ccom's prices aren't real first off. Second I just saw you live in Mass. Sorry about your taxes up there ;)
    Thanks Mad. The taxes here are killing most of the local shops. Fortunately, they all seem to be doing fairly well, as well as a few cigar bars. It does affect prices, but I usually find most of the opus x's to be priced at $20 and up, even online.
    I can buy about 4 different Opus X's in my B&M for under $20 and I believe most on Ccom are under $20 as well.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ccom's prices aren't real first off.

What does that mean Madurofan?
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I believe he means ccom's price doesn't reflect actual normal retail price, but is inflated to prevent them from selling out so fast.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I have also noticed that ccom has some prices that are significantly higher than various competitors, and I'm talking like $20 or more for the exact same thing. I understand that they inflate prices a bit to cover other overhead, but some of these price differences seem a bit much to me.